Author Topic: Nest Emptying...  (Read 5640 times)

Vulture

Nest Emptying...
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »
Well, that's the first grandchild off to university - only another two over the next three years (providing the government doesn't decide to make them all work down the mines) and I can relax!

Egg

Re: Nest Emptying...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
I waited until the youngest of my 3 was 18, then instead of just changing the locks, I moved 40 miles away and didn't give them the new address! ;)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
Well, that's the first grandchild off to university - only another two over the next three years (providing the government doesn't decide to make them all work down the mines) and I can relax!

That's the problem with governments Vultch...no forward planning. All the mines are shut, and mills are a thing of the past. If it wasn't for burger-bars, childhood slave labour would be eradicated completely. Then where would we be ?

I do like your tactics Egg. I've got one at Uni at present who has declared that he's not moving out until he's at least 40 ! Think the fact that he's got a room with enough technology to run a small country and waitress service supplying three square meals a day (plus snacks in the evening) may be influencing his decision making.

Think we could end up with a "Four Yorkshiremen" type rant here.    :P

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Paint their room, or move their kit out.  Mine is being charged for the privilege of being at home, and will be paying more in the new home.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »
I'm scared it may be booby-trapped.   :'(

Egg

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

That's the problem with governments Vultch...no forward planning. All the mines are shut, and mills are a thing of the past. If it wasn't for burger-bars, childhood slave labour would be eradicated completely. Then where would we be ?

I do like your tactics Egg. I've got one at Uni at present who has declared that he's not moving out until he's at least 40 ! Think the fact that he's got a room with enough technology to run a small country and waitress service supplying three square meals a day (plus snacks in the evening) may be influencing his decision making.

Think we could end up with a "Four Yorkshiremen" type rant here.    :P

Is that the Four Yorkshiremen of the Apocalypse!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
Vulch, what’s this not being able to relax until after GRANDCHILDREN go to Uni business? I am counting down to last CHILD going!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 07:38:14 PM »
Vulch, what’s this not being able to relax until after GRANDCHILDREN go to Uni business? I am counting down to last CHILD going!

No, my children are in the forties now, the grandchildren still come to me to moan how crap their teachers are (classic from grandson's O-level maths teacher, "here's the book that goes through all the maths you need to know for the exams, if you have any questions, Google them!). Besides which, I like my grandchildren and will miss them when they've all flown.  :'(

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 05:21:52 PM »
I'm with Diane, last child out and the curtains get shut and the "No Vacancies" sign goes up. Only problem is, Uni seems to be very part-time this weather. They spend more time away from it than in classes...wasn't like that years back. Lazy so and so's.    ;)

Vulture

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »
Well, it appears that this whole week is 'freshers' week and drinking, mingling and running amuck(sp?) seems to be the order of the day. I've no idea where the education bit comes in.  ???

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
Apparently they learn how to get drunk when they only leave home with £3.74 and how to phone for a lift at any time that isn't decent.
 >:(

Vulture

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
Apparently they learn how to get drunk when they only leave home with £3.74 and how to phone for a lift at any time that isn't decent.

I don't think the university has an emergency 'mum' or 'dad' driver to pick them up, so I think it's shanks's pony for the lot of them!

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 11:20:14 PM »

I don't think the university has an emergency 'mum' or 'dad' driver to pick them up, so I think it's shanks's pony for the lot of them!

So it's horse rustling now then.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
Horse rustling is only trimester one. Second trimester they move on to cowpoking and bean eating.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »
...bean eating.

I've been eating. Nice beef stew.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟