Author Topic: New activity year begins – what are you going to do?  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: New activity year begins – what are you going to do?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »
Toastmasters is going well though, I made a new buddy in the Catholic Priest – I get to call him Abraham because I’m not Catholic – he hits me on the arm and we have a good laugh together. I am even starting to be able to understand some of what he is saying.
Wow! You speak Latin as well?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
He was mostly talking about chili chicken on Tuesday night - a universal language.

It does make you wonder about titles though doesn’t it?  Everyone recognises “Dr.” but in the same way shouldn’t we all recognise “Rev.” too even if we are not of that faith as it was a degree earned at a public university? For instance what do you call His Holiness the Dali Llama if you are not Buddhist and he joins one of your activity groups…Pete?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
He was mostly talking about chili chicken on Tuesday night - a universal language.

It does make you wonder about titles though doesn’t it?  Everyone recognises “Dr.” but in the same way shouldn’t we all recognise “Rev.” too even if we are not of that faith as it was a degree earned at a public university? For instance what do you call His Holiness the Dali Llama if you are not Buddhist and he joins one of your activity groups…Pete?

I'm guessing Llama-Features wouldn't be appropriate?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »

Salvador ?    :-\