Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

This New Forum.

(1/2) > >>

Roger Kettle:
Must admit, I'm warming to this place. For a techno-dumpling like me, it seemed a bit scary at first but the sheer speed of the site compared to the last one makes it far more enjoyable. I still can't use any of the flashing gizmos without summoning an offspring but what the hell.
Well done, Mince. You done good.

The Peepmaster:
Yes, it is fandabbydozy, Roger. Hats off to Mincey.

It does take a little time to get used to things but you get there eventually. One thing I did find difficult was finding out how to get back to the forum index once on a thread (other than using the back button). It's actually in a small line of black type above the message box but it was easy to miss.

Mince:
I'm glad you all like it. It's really Crackerjack, isn't it? This is how fast my student board is, which is why I found the old Beau Peep board so slow.

The "black line" is also below the posts. Sometimes it gets lost in the Beau Peep cartoons. Perhaps I should fade out the background a little more.

Jack:
Very swish.

One question though - is there a 'fast reply' option you can turn on? This board is faster by far than the old one, but I'm still only on 56K and every link to a new page that I have to click steals 1.5 minutes of my life.

Still, even without the fast reply option, I am sure I shall cope. Although I hate the scrolling text thing already, and I've only seen it used once. Therefore I shall take the following preventative steps against its use:

The next person to use scrolly text smells of poo.

Additional: Oooh, clicking the bold option sets the tags either side of the cursor, rather than having one click to start and one click to stop. Thus saving me a whole mouse click. This I like.

Mince:

--- Quote ---One question though - is there a 'fast reply' option you can turn on?
--- End quote ---

You can do this through your profile.

Click PROFILE (at the top of the page).

Click Look and Layout Preferences.

Change Use quick reply on topic display.

Or I can do it for you. Just ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version