Author Topic: For Lil  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: For Lil
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »
Again?
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
Did you ever read about a frog...                                 (I am...I said)
Was that the one that was coming to America?             (America)
From quiet steeples to distant valleys,                         (Songs of Life)
Keep going till you reach Brooklyn  Roads.                   (Brooklyn Roads)
And if we stay here all night                                        (A matter of Love)
Cos you don't bring me flowers,                                   (You don't bring me flowers)
And maybe I'm to blame.                                            (Hello again)
Daydream believer,                                                    (Daydream believer)
Let me make your dreams come true.                          (Longfellow Serenade)

Over to you again, Lil. I feel a chorus coming on...

;)

Diamond Lil

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 06:37:08 AM »
Just before you're corrected by Sandy Son of Mince, 'Hello' is Lionel Ritchie which is not allowed in this Diamond madness.
I thought we were to come up with titles and now that I'm up against this fiend for obscure lines, I can't keep up.  It's a lot easier singing along with 10,000 other poor souls and I now accept I didn't know what I was singing half the time!!  ;D

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »
You tell him, Lil.

I enjoyed that. Good to listen to some more Mr. D on YouTube. I have watched him and Babs singing "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" that often, I'm sure it's etched onto the screen. God knows where she got that purpley(?) jumpsuit (?) from though. I'm thinking the seventies were strange times.

And don't you be worrying about singing the wrong words either, I'm pretty sure they might make more sense than some of the real ones.

;)

Out of interest Lil, if you were only allowed one song of his, what one would you pick. I'd pick "Love On The Rocks".

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 10:20:19 PM »
And I should have known better
To lie to one as beautiful as you
Yeah, I should have known better
To take a chance on ever losing you
But I thought you'd understand
Can you forgive me

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
Shoulda known better
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
Shoulda known better
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
Seriously Tarks...Jim Diamond?  I know this hasn't been the best post in the world, certainly not the best post on BP, but surely it wasn't deserving of his inclusion?

:-[

(Don't rise to the bait, Lil).

Diamond Lil

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »
Not the best post ever? ???

Favourite song? Anything from Jonathan Livingston Seagull or Taproot Manuscript....I go back a long way!

Just to finish off this piece of fun, I have to confess (only to you, Sandy) that it will be three years this July since he-of- the- 3-chord-bilge graced these shores and I won't be singing and dancing like a young 'un if he does return.  I hope he hangs up his plectrum and just enjoys his Harley.

Ps 3-chord etc is a direct quote from my esteemed brother

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
What's wrong with Jim? And who is Harley?
I apologise, in advance.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 08:33:34 PM »
Nothing wrong with just 3 chords. I have tormented several guitars during my lifetime with a similar amount. Didn't gain the success that ND did, but I put it down to being too good looking to be taken seriously as a musician. Honestly.   ..0
Everything has it's sell by date, mind you. I saw Barry Manilow on The Graeme Norton Show the other night. Now I like Baz, he's a goodun in my books, but boy was his voice shaky...and then you google his age and he's pushing 71. No wonder it was shaky. I didn't know whether to applaud his indefatigability (copyright G.Galloway), or shout and throw rotten tomatoes. So yep, I'm all for our Neil throwing in the rug (and not the one on his head) and riding off into the sunset. What a guy.  8)

What's wrong with Jim? And who is Harley?

Jim is keech, that's what's wrong with him; Harley is the amount of quality songs he's delivered, and it usually proceeds the word "any".

Diamond Lil

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
 ;D
I saw that too but couldn't tell you what the voice was like because I was so taken aback by the freaky face. 

Malc

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
Barry Manilow's voice was always shaky. I can't remember who said it, but they compared Manilow's singing to a gnat in a drainpipe.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:08 PM »
Oh Malcy...well you came and you gave without taking

:)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
Couldn't think who he looked like, but it came to me. Phyllis Diller.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 06:19:00 AM »
It was post-surgery freakiness.  Much like Phyllis Diller turned out.