Author Topic: Really Stupid  (Read 9784 times)

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Really Stupid
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
You learn something new every day.
Now if only I could Bring down these Blue boxes that you all seem to do I might get a lot better a this posting.
TT111 Why are you being nice I am beginning to start worrying that you are going soft.

The blue boxes are simple also, Peter. Again at the top right of each post (every one this time) there is the option to 'Quote'. Simply click on this option over the post you wish to quote, and it will begin your reply with that quote, including the code that puts it in the blue box. If you wish to cut down the words you want to quote, simply erase the ones you don't need with your cursor, being careful not to erase any of the coded bits on either side of the quote.

Why am I being nice? Must be July 21st.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »
Now if only I could Bring down these Blue boxes that you all seem to do I might get a lot better a this posting.
TT111 Why are you being nice I am beginning to start worrying that you are going soft.

The blue boxes are simple also, Peter. Again at the top right of each post (every one this time) there is the option to 'Quote'. Simply click on this option over the post you wish to quote, and it will begin your reply with that quote, including the code that puts it in the blue box. If you wish to cut down the words you want to quote, simply erase the ones you don't need with your cursor, being careful not to erase any of the coded bits on either side of the quote.

Look, Pete - I've quoted Tarky, and by doing that, have included the original quote of yours.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »

Look, Pete - I've quoted Tarky, and by doing that, have included the original quote of yours.
I see this is getting easy

peter

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
did not work

peter

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »

[/quote]

[The blue boxes are simple also, Peter. Again at the top right of each post (every one this time) there is the option to 'Quote'. Simply click on this option over the post you wish to quote, and it will begin your reply with that quote, including the code that puts it in the blue box. If you wish to cut down the words you want to quote, simply erase the ones you don't need with your cursor, being careful not to erase any of the coded bits on either side of the quote.]

WILL this do

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
You've erased the code at the start of the quote, Peter. It's vital you leave that in, or the boxes won't appear.
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
no I must be thick

peter

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »
[]
[Now if only I could Bring down these Blue boxes that you all seem to do I might get a lot better a this posting.

[/quote]

[/quote]

peter

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 05:29:54 PM »
Got it by gods I have got it
many thanks for helping out this idiot

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »
Don't mess with any of the type that comes into the panel when you quote, Peter. And make sure your cursor is right at the bottom of the panel, underneath all of the type, before you start typing.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »

I see this is getting easy

Your bit IS there, Pete, but you put it INSIDE the quoted bit. You should have written it OUTSIDE. (Not outside in the garden, before you go and do that...)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »
I think I know how to do it now but I may need a couple of hundred try's to perfect it
after all I am new to this and my son is no help
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:20:36 PM by peter »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 06:42:48 PM »
Oh,no. Peter's just passed me in technical ability.

peter

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 02:22:18 PM »
I still can not get my head around a mobile phone.
I usualy cut people off when trying to answer it
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 05:21:45 PM by peter »

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:14 PM »
Ah! Roger's ahead of you there, Peter - he doesn't have one.
I apologise, in advance.