Author Topic: Pointless Poetry  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Pointless Poetry
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »
'Twit' wasn't on the list, and yet your entire poem (I use the word as loosely as prune juice will allow) relies solely upon it. Desperate, desperate stuff!

Part of twit was on the list. Be thankful I didn't use the less poetic prefix 'sh'.

Redundant

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »

That Socrates knew his onions! Probably Brazil's greatest captain, as well as its wisest.

Masterful, simply masterful  ;D ;D

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »
Yes - Magic Eye pictures they call them. You can only see them if you're a naked emperor.

Must make penguins seem rather clever then.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 03:46:37 PM »
Yes - Magic Eye pictures they call them. You can only see them if you're a naked emperor.

Actually, after a long time of pretending I saw them, I finally relaxed my eyes enough to find the right focus, and the effect is rather startling. I have no idea how they work, but it's very, very clever, and I really enjoy 'finding' them now.

Tomorrows World did a show including the Magic Eye pictures.  My son was fortunate to visit that show during rehersals ('Make a Wish') and he was presented with one of the images.  It took 6 months before I could make out the five stars in the image.  It was like a revelation.  I now find that looking at those picture relaxing on the eyes.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:51 AM »
My friend swore blind we were having him on, until his revelation.