Author Topic: The Remarkable Rationality of Roger  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
The Remarkable Rationality of Roger
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »
Socrates' made the bold statement: The unexamined life is not worth living. He didn't say the unexamined life is 'less meaningful' or "just another way of living'. He states quite unequivocally it's not even worth living.

Now Roger has a wealth of examined life in the strips of Beau Peep, A Man called Horace, and Andy Capp. So I think we should all pose questions to Roger and benefit from his wisdom.

So my question to him is this: Do you think the children of today should aspire to sitting on the couch all day thinking up silly things for non-existent legionnaires to do?

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: The Remarkable Rationality of Roger
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »
my question: Did you ever get the budgie out of the vacuum cleaner?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »
Diane, following your near faux pas over "pants", you may want to Google "budgie-smugglers". Do make sure you don't hit 'Images' by mistake, however.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »
Socrates' made the bold statement: The unexamined life is not worth living. He didn't say the unexamined life is 'less meaningful' or "just another way of living'. He states quite unequivocally it's not even worth living.

Now Roger has a wealth of examined life in the strips of Beau Peep, A Man called Horace, and Andy Capp. So I think we should all pose questions to Roger and benefit from his wisdom.

So my question to him is this: Do you think the children of today should aspire to sitting on the couch all day thinking up silly things for non-existent legionnaires to do?
No, I don't, Mince. They should aspire to LYING on the couch.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »
my question: Did you ever get the budgie out of the vacuum cleaner?
Yes, it was inside the cat, inside the vacuum cleaner.