Author Topic: Dundee v Dundee united  (Read 13588 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Dundee v Dundee united
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
I had no idea there were two teams for you to choose from Roger - why did you pick the one over the other?

Dundee United is actually closer to Newport on Tay, where Roger lives. To get to Dundee, he'd have to cross Hindmarsh Avenue and travel a further 150 yards.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 10:47:49 PM »
I had no idea there were two teams for you to choose from Roger - why did you pick the one over the other?

Dundee United is actually closer to Newport on Tay, where Roger lives. To get to Dundee, he'd have to cross Hindmarsh Avenue and travel a further 150 yards.
I can see the problem. Another 150 yards no wonder Roger decided on Dundee United.
That extra yardage would have wore him out to enjoy the match and gave him more drinking time.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 09:35:04 AM »
I started to support Dundee United because of Ralphie Milne's thighs.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

Knew it!
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »
Who or what is Ralphie Milne

Elizabeth

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 03:24:39 PM »
I seem to remember Fyodor singing a song about Ralphie Milne - maybe he could put in on here? :D

Fyodor

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 10:18:58 AM »
Would if I could, but guess what? I've forgotten it.
I do remember writing to a chap called Duncan Leith (an eminent admirer of aforesaid thighs). I pretended to be Ralphie and, in the way I've heard chaps do, proposed a chap-to-chap encounter.
Imagine my satisfaction when Duncan swallowed it.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
Would if I could, but guess what? I've forgotten it.
I do remember writing to a chap called Duncan Leith (an eminent admirer of aforesaid thighs). I pretended to be Ralphie and, in the way I've heard chaps do, proposed a chap-to-chap encounter.
Imagine my satisfaction when Duncan swallowed it.

I'd rather not, thanks, Fydo.

I worked in the same office as the afore-mentioned Mr Leith for four and a half years, during which time I was treated to countless tales of the latest exploits of Ralphie Milne's thighs. I feel compelled to point out that the attraction was purely emotional, and that Dunc was/is as hetero as they come...although I didn't now about Fydo's letter - he kept that one quiet.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:54:58 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Fyodor

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 10:43:30 AM »
Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa. I have been severely chidden by the Kettlemeister for descending to the unforgiveable depths of the double-entendre.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 10:57:45 AM »
Well, distasteful as it was (ahem!), I admit I laughed, Fydo.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 08:36:34 PM »
Fyodor, you were not "chidden" for using double-entendres. You were "chidden" for using tired, bad double-entendres, first used in 1970 by Larry Grayson/John Inman and battered to death ever since by every gay comedian up to Graeme Norton. I say this entirely from a humour point of view. I couldn't care less if a person sleeps with men, women, halibut or broccoli. No matter how much we've all moved on, British gay comedians still insist on using the same tiresome double-entendres, delivered either with a smirk or a contrived air of innocence, that were used nearly 40 years ago. I am just SO tired of this and the gay community deserves better. THAT'S why you were chiddededed!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:05:13 PM by Roger Kettle »

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 12:39:23 AM »
Roger's absolutely right. I wish to withdraw my earlier admission.                    :-\
I apologise, in advance.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »
Fyodor, you were not "chidden" for using double-entendres. You were "chidden" for using tired, bad double-entendres, first used in 1970 by Larry Grayson/John Inman and battered to death ever since by every gay comedian up to Graeme Norton. I say this entirely from a humour point of view. I couldn't care less if a person sleeps with men, women, halibut or broccoli. No matter how much we've all moved on, British gay comedians still insist on using the same tiresome double-entendres, delivered either with a smirk or a contrived air of innocence, that were used nearly 40 years ago. I am just SO tired of this and the gay community deserves better. THAT'S why you were chiddededed!

Guess you won't be doing THAT again, Fyodor!!!

Vulture

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

Guess you won't be doing THAT again, Fyodor!!!

Yes, Fyodor. All those extra 'ededed's' must have put the fear of God into you! :D

peter

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 06:55:22 PM »
Dundee united win again this is has got to be there year.
I hear a secret Billionaire has been pumping money into them.
Now we know were Rogers money goes.