Author Topic: Things to do with mince.  (Read 9764 times)

Redundant

Re: Things to do with mince.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 05:40:38 PM »

I question the brilliance - is no one else dismayed that "diving" in the context of "a girl's blouse" is not, at the very least, a euphemism.......?

Yet more competitive jealousy which, given the competition has already ended and a winner acclaimed, seems a tad superfluous.  Your contextual contention is tenuous, the possibility of it being a euphemism is almost as likely as it being a euphonium.  Once again it seems the Christmas competition has sparked controversy, as did my own modest win of the previous Christmas competition...it seems we continue to fail to take on board the lessons history teaches us.  [God, somebody find me a job...]

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »
the possibility of it being a euphemism is almost as likely as it being a euphonium

;D

Mind you, I have been called a wind instrument on occasion.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 06:50:37 PM »
God, I REALLY wish I'd organised a Christmas competition.

Redundant

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
God, I REALLY wish I'd organised a Christmas competition.

Then my work here is [almost] done.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:16:57 PM by Redundant »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 07:37:45 PM »
 ;D ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »
Seriously, as I mentioned to Mince, I really did intend to do something this year but recent events rather distracted me. I feel it's a bit late now to come up with a competition, allow a week or so for answers and then try to get the prizes off to the winners before Christmas. I'm happy to try again in the New Year with the usual rewards on offer. (And maybe a year's supply of pork sausages.....)  :)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
(And maybe a year's supply of pork sausages.....)  :)

My dad will have them! :)

Redundant

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 10:50:21 PM »
Sounds a good idea Roger and that saves me from evoking clause 4.4a of the Beau Peep Notice Board Articles and Memorandum, which would have been quite painful for all those concerned, but mainly you.  ;D

Sadly we'll now have to disqualify Mince because he just won a competition, I was going to disqualify myself originally having [handsomely] won the last competition, but that clearly no longer applies...Sorry Mince.   :(

[Evil laugh echoes around the board].  I really need to work on my special effects.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:41 PM »
So when do I get the prezzie?

Redundant

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 11:52:07 PM »
So when do I get the prezzie?

Either:

• Whenever Roger Van Winkle gets out of bed, or
  • We'll mail it to you in the desert, or
  • Your prize is a free entry to the next competition [to be honest this is the most likely], or
  • Something else, or
  • Nothing, or
  • Under article blah blah blah, your prize is forfeit due to...a distinct lack of prizes

I'll also disqualify myself, the fame garnered from my previous [handsome] win was a little too much, at one point I swear I was ankle deep in apathy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:56:36 PM by Redundant »

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:08 AM »
I'll also disqualify myself, the fame garnered from my previous [handsome] win was a little too much, at one point I swear I was ankle deep in apathy.

Well, there was no apathy from me, I assure you. If anything, it was vast and unending jealousy and resentment.

Redundant

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 07:42:01 AM »
...vast and unending jealousy and resentment.

I get that a lot...

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »
Red, I've just noticed the quote running along the bottom of your posts. It's just won next year's competition!

Redundant

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
Thanks for that Roger, much appreciated!  I will however have to decline the honour, I am fairly certain I just paraphrased an existing quotation. [Besides, I haven't framed my prizes from last year yet].  :-[

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 12:05:01 PM »
Red, I've just noticed the quote running along the bottom of your posts. It's just won next year's competition!

And exactly which clause of the Beau Peep Notice Board Articles and Memorandum let's you do that? Moreover, if I can quote rule 5.4 of Section 4, which clearly says 'No one called Mince can win the Christmas compet . . .' Okay, who changed 'except' to 'called'?