Author Topic: Christmas Competition Winner.  (Read 11856 times)

Malc

Re: Christmas Competition Winner.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »
Yes, Malky McGookin was only joking. Idiot.

Malc

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 06:54:28 AM »
What happened to Malky's son was a disgusting thing. The perpetrators should be inside for life, because it's only a matter of time before they do it to someone else.

On a light note, (and I probably told you all this before in another forum), I used to attend the same folk clubs as Malky's skiffle band the Vindscreen Vipers which also had Danny Kyle and the unbelievable Mike Whellans, who apparently lived in Norway at the time, -a brilliant act.

I was an up-and-coming folkie of eighteen or so, and on occasion got the floor singer spot at the Eglinton Arms hotel in Irvine. Not that I did much folk stuff, it was all Neil Young and Dylan. Afterwards the VV's would hang around the bar and actually talk to us, which was cool.

Malky was not only the banjo player, he used to post large pieces of A2 or A1 paper round the hall and at some stage during the evening, he'd get up and draw a big cartoon "live" on each of them. They were a big hit.

Jeez, with my old mate Graeme appearing on the other board, this is turning into a trip down memory lane right enough.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
Yes, Malky McGookin was only joking. Idiot.

That's good to know. Er . . . that he was joking, not that I'm an idiot. And I don't mean by that that it's not good to know that I am an idiot: I mean that I'm not an idiot. I hope that's clarified everything.

Jack

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »
I can't believe I didn't win this competition.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »
Are you joking?

My submission and its subsequent voluntary withdrawal was an attempt at abstract answering. Clearly the humour went right over Roger's head. I agree with Malky McGookin: Helen Keller wannabe.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »
I just read over my winning entry and I think it was rather good especially "Little Bare" for Vera

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad