Author Topic: Eyesight, or the lack of it  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Eyesight, or the lack of it
« on: July 01, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »
It has taken a while for me to get around to posting on here as my mark 1 eyeballs have been getting cloudy over the past few years.  It got beyond a joke when I ended up paying three times for prescription glasses as my eyesight was deteriorating.  Fortunately, Specsavers came to the rescue and referred me to a company that did both NHS and private lens replacements.  Surprisingly, I qualified for the free treatment and, just over two months later, both eyes have had cataracts removed and shiny new lenses inserted.  I even have ID cards for them.

Eyesight is now 6/6 and 6/5.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Eyesight, or the lack of it
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 01:07:39 PM »
I'm glad to hear that, Bill.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »
Well I am glad you are all sorted out now Bill.

We could have typed bigger for you if you had let us know.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »
I just found out this week that I have cataracts and MGD - will have to do something about the MDG pretty soon but the cataracts are on a wait until they get worse arrangement.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
Push for the op as soon as possible, Diane. I needed to drive and use my camera so was able to get it done within a month, then another month before the second eye op.  The difference now is amazing.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »
Push for the op as soon as possible, Diane. I needed to drive and use my camera so was able to get it done within a month, then another month before the second eye op.  The difference now is amazing.

I would rather get it done than have it hanging over me, but the guy who does the op is the one saying to wait. Maybe he has too many to do. I can still drive.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
They used a number or criteria to decide whether I qualified for NHS op or not.  I could have gone private if the NHS option was not available, and for £1450 per eye.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »
They used a number or criteria to decide whether I qualified for NHS op or not.  I could have gone private if the NHS option was not available, and for £1450 per eye.

We don't have a private option for the cataracts so I have to go with what the ophthalmologist says.