Beau Peep Notice Board > Just a Fort

Question for Roger - No.386

<< < (2/6) > >>

Egg:
The question has to be......... Rob, how on earth did you find the ‘same’ strip from February 1982!!

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Now that I can see this on a large screen, rather than with the wrong glasses on my phone, this 'original art' is neither original, nor art. It's what is often called 'fan art' these days. Clearly a forgery...or "tribute" as they like to call them.

Rob Baker:

--- Quote from: Egg on February 07, 2019, 08:42:25 PM ---The question has to be......... Rob, how on earth did you find the ‘same’ strip from February 1982!!

--- End quote ---

Egg, I'm very lucky, nay proud,  to have a copy, bar a handful, of every Beau Peep strip   8)   
And thanks to Mr Kettle, and the recent Xmas competition , a few pieces of original artwork too.   (y)

Rob Baker:

--- Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll on February 07, 2019, 09:11:47 PM ---Now that I can see this on a large screen, rather than with the wrong glasses on my phone, this 'original art' is neither original, nor art. It's what is often called 'fan art' these days. Clearly a forgery...or "tribute" as they like to call them.

--- End quote ---

Fake Beaus?
Hmmm, I'm not so sure Tarqs....I reckon the artwork looks very much like Andrew's from that era, but it's definitely a different version from the published piece.  The style of lettering is very unusual though. 

This reminds me of a very old post from Roger which always makes me smile:

"I was once explaining to someone about the process of producing Beau Peep -- I was the writer and Andrew Christine was the artist.
"That's all you do?" came the reply "Andrew draws the whole thing, and you fill in the bubbles?"
He genuinely believed that Andrew handed me a completed strip and that I then popped a few words into the empty balloons.
I didn't bother telling him otherwise."

By the way Tarqs, didn’t some smart-arsed Star reader spot the subtle style differences when you took over the reigns on a few Beau strips when Andrew was poorly ?   ;)

Roger Kettle:
The awful lettering jumped out at me---so much so that I didn't pay much attention to the artwork and there IS something weird about it. Maybe some tracing went on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version