Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Don't get into a pillow fight with Death!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mince:
Any time you want me to do solve any other problems without actually lifting a finger, just go right ahead and pretend I am doing something.

So what British shows do you enjoy?

Diane CBPFC:
There are some British shows that I have known and loved and already had access to: Peaky Blinders, Call the Midwife, The Detectorists, Vera, Durrells in Corfu etc

But Britbox has been good for finally getting to see bits of shows that I had heard about but never saw such as A Touch of Frost and Prime Suspect and one my auntie said was her favourite show Taggart.  Some are quite old. I watched a show just because it was filmed in Liverpool called Good Cop. It is all UK TV with no commercials and even current TV shows shown the next day, and at $9 CND a month quite a bargain. But then there is another similar service called Acorn TV that has British and international shows at $6.50 a month. Then there is Google, Amazon Prime, Crave etc all offering commercial free shows at a fraction of the cost of satellite and cable TV - I only keep the satellite TV because my husband is computer illiterate and likes his basketball shows.

Mince:
I just realised that we don't watch any Brit TV, mostly because without a stupid TV licence, we don't get to see any of it.

Diane CBPFC:
You can always order in DVD series through the library to see if you like them. I did that with season 1 of Vikings. I kinda want to know what happens next but it was so gruesome that I may have to wait 6 months to continue.

Mince:
Not having a DVD player makes that difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version