Author Topic: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.  (Read 10845 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:24:59 PM »
May 14th, I think....or maybe May 15th. No, I remember, it was the 14th....May 14th was the last time I understood anything on this site.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:37:46 PM by The Peepmaster »

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Bewildered Cartoonist Writes.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
I see what you mean, Roger. Is it Mandarin?  ???
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »
May 14th, I think....or maybe May 15th. No, I remember, it was the 14th....May 14th was the last time I understood anything on this site.
I agree Roger. I was only saying to Mince that it was getting a bit daft.
Though the reports of the great Dundee United are I am sure warming the cockles of your heart. But why are all there games only Played by 21 players .

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
I agree Roger. I was only saying to Mince that it was getting a bit daft.
Though the reports of the great Dundee United are I am sure warming the cockles of your heart. But why are all there games only Played by 21 players .

Blimey, Roger. I see what you mean.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »
Hoi! Peeps! That was a sneaky bit of technical jiggery-pokery, making it look like I was talking about a Chineses site!
Actually, I still understood that better.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:34:19 PM »
Good result for the Beijing Ducks.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »
Good result for the Beijing Ducks.

Is that the one with the pancakes and Hoi Sin sauce?

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »
Didn't you read the match report?
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »
Hoi! Peeps! That was a sneaky bit of technical jiggery-pokery, making it look like I was talking about a Chineses site!
Actually, I still understood that better.

Bear with me Roger I am trying to bring them to heel.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:18:57 PM »

Which bit do you want me to explain?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »
Talking about "bewildered", this has been a bizarre couple of days for me. My son started University in Dundee today. My daughter, after a two year break, started University in Glasgow. Her flat was broken into on Saturday night and she returned yesterday to find it ransacked. The place was a mess and her laptop, i-pod and severeal other things had been nicked. Police were summoned. Then you have to organise a joiner on a Sunday to replace the broken doors. In the meantime, my pal, Colin Tarrant (For newcomers, he's an actor who played Inspector Monroe in "The Bill" for years and was the voice of Beau Peep in the ill-fated animation project of a few years back) had arrived for a quick visit. We were supposed to be going to watch Dundee United romp up the league but couldn't because of all the nonsense going on. (Please--no jokes about him being able to solve the crime!)
I apologise for the following in-joke but, Tarks, my daughter's flat is in Bell Street. Actually, there's no need to make this an in-joke. Bell Street is where the Dundee Police have their headquarters.

peter

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 09:35:17 PM »
No chance then the case will be solved.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the trauma at your daughter's flat, Roger. It's bloody annoying in itself without all the additional hassle it puts you through. I remember when my house was broken into while I was in Ayr. I was with you when I had the news from my son.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
I have never been burgled and hope that I never am. Mind you, I had a video camera nicked from a friend's car once, but it didn't bother me much. There was also the slim Sony camera, but I stepped on that. I don't actually own much worth nicking.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 10:28:42 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the trauma at your daughter's flat, Roger. It's bloody annoying in itself without all the additional hassle it puts you through. I remember when my house was broken into while I was in Ayr. I was with you when I had the news from my son.
I remember that, Nige.
You're right. It's not just the robbery itself, which is bad enough, but the practical aftermath and the accompanying trauma. Fortunately, my daughter is pretty pragmatic about it.
On a different note, my daughter is the one member of the family I'd turn to if I had a doubt about a gag I'd written. Occasionally, I used to ask her if the wording of a strip was right or if the whole thing made sense and she always seemed to nail the problem. Now that she's moved out, I may have to phone you more often, Nige. Or Tarks. Maybe I should go straight to Peter.