Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Covid19 Roll Call

(1/9) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
How is everyone doing?

Got food, Got things to do? Feeling fit? Not going stir-crazy? Being kind to those isolated with you?

My life personally is not that affected being a rural hermit in normal times; my husband's job is gone as of today - he trucks for the oilfield and oil is down to $20 a barrel so he will be home - but I like him so that's okay.

Another worry is my daughter being on a one year working holiday in New Zealand - due to come home in August - we are betting that there is a return to normalcy by then. But there is always that niggling worry that this could go on for years.

What are you guy's concerns?

Mince:
We began buying extra food on each shopping from about the end of January, so we were well stocked before the toilet paper riots began. Apart from putting the bins out, we have not stepped outside our garden for a week. But we have work to do from home and some good board games, and we enjoy each other's company.

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
I'm working from home in complete self-isolation, and taking social-distancing to the max.

So, no change there then.

Anyone got a spare bog roll?

Roger Kettle:
My wife went supermarket shopping this morning and, despite some empty shelves, returned with most of our usual weekly goods---including bread and toilet paper!
As for concerns, I have many. They range from the safety of elderly relatives to the psychological effect of isolation on society in general. Having said that, I'm an optimist. The world WILL get through this and, just maybe, it will become a better, more caring, place.

Max:
I'm at risk, having the dreaded underlying symptoms, so self isolating for 12 weeks (minimum I'm thinking).
Cancelled one trip away in April but still kept a holiday booking open in June, we shall see.
I intend to get some early morning fishing in if possible and take at least one camera out with me that's not part of a phone.
Instruction from my nursing friend is to try and be as fit as possible, I'll certainly try.
Really hope all of you get through this unscathed too, I worry about my youngest son who has MS.

Cheers all.  Max.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version