Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Covid19 Roll Call

<< < (2/9) > >>

Mince:

--- Quote from: Roger Kettle on March 21, 2020, 10:10:24 AM ---My wife went supermarket shopping this morning and, despite some empty shelves, returned with most of our usual weekly goods---including bread and toilet paper!
--- End quote ---

I'm glad the reality in some places is not the same as the media hype.

--- Quote from: Roger Kettle on March 21, 2020, 10:10:24 AM ---As for concerns, I have many. They range from the safety of elderly relatives to the psychological effect of isolation on society in general.

--- End quote ---

I have to confess that staying at home for months is unlikely to bother me much. The only thing I shall miss is holidaying in Albufeira. We had a holiday booked for May, but cancelled it at the start of March once we saw where things were going.

I still think many people in England are not taking social distancing seriously enough. There have been 10,000 deaths from the start of the outbreak to yesterday morning. The next 10,000 will likely die in the seven days from then. If India, Pakistan go full pandemic, 10,000 will be a daily value. And that's just more than a bit scary.

--- Quote from: Roger Kettle on March 21, 2020, 10:10:24 AM ---Having said that, I'm an optimist. The world WILL get through this and, just maybe, it will become a better, more caring, place.
--- End quote ---

I'm similarly optimistic. I'm also hoping people get some insight into how unnecessary schools are.

Mince:

--- Quote from: Max on March 21, 2020, 10:54:38 AM ---I'm at risk, having the dreaded underlying symptoms, so self isolating for 12 weeks (minimum I'm thinking).

--- End quote ---

Take no chances, Max.

Mince:

--- Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll on March 21, 2020, 02:40:45 AM ---... and taking social-distancing to the max.

--- End quote ---

He just said he's staying home for twelve weeks.

Diane CBPFC:
It is a worry not being able to check in on people you normally would, to protect them from your own possible germs (I have two health issues myself). I have two young relatives with asthma doing vital jobs - city bus driver and town water plant, I worry about them, and other older ones with health issues working in vital services - nursing and electricity.  That is why this message of stay home if you can is so important, the safety of others who must go out to keep things running.

I too am hoping the world will come out the other side of this much kinder - I think so many will be thinking more of the homeless and refugees and the hungry after only a brief sense of this feeling of fragility and interconnection. 

Hope you catch a big fish Max  ;D
Tarqs, i just saw that cabbages for some reason are going super cheap and are being labeled "vegan t.p." this was on Facebook, so it must be true.

Mince:
This whole thing is so sad: the first 100,000 cases took about 80 to 90 days; the second 100,000 cases took 12 days; the next 100,000 cases took just 4 days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version