Author Topic: Beau Peep Strips  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Beau Peep Strips
« on: March 29, 2020, 11:32:43 AM »
I believe Rob Baker has every Beau Peep strip in existence cut out and glued into scrap books. Should several of you have the time over the lockdown to help him scan all of these in and divide them into individual strips so that we can put them online, I don't mind creating the online website that would allow them to be searched and displayed.

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Beau Peep Strips
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 02:41:46 PM »
I believe Rob Baker has every Beau Peep strip in existence cut out and glued into scrap books. Should several of you have the time over the lockdown to help him scan all of these in and divide them into individual strips so that we can put them online, I don't mind creating the online website that would allow them to be searched and displayed.

That would be great if we had every strip that was ever created in some form of library.

We still have the domain name beaupeep.com which could be used.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »
That would be great if we had every strip that was ever created in some form of library.

That's what Rob and I want as well. I just can't do the website and all the scanning and cropping as well, which is why the whole thing ground to a halt.

We still have the domain name beaupeep.com which could be used.

That might come in handy if we can get the strips and the site sorted.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:18 AM »
If anyone is interested, Rob and I started to put together a site, intending to add the strips to it later.

Here is the site.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 03:40:50 PM »
I'm willing to do some scanning and cropping.  But Rob is the one with all the strips.  Didi you mean the books to be scanned in?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Yes, Rob has scrap books filled with strips.

I believe he is willing to scan the pages strips if someone is willing to crop them into individual strips, but that may have changed. Perhaps you can ask him by Private Message.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »
ok, will do.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 09:42:07 PM »
If anyone is interested, Rob and I started to put together a site, intending to add the strips to it later.

Here is the site.

That is brilliant. It looks ready to launch. I can point beau peep.com to it if you wish?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

A Legionnaire

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
Well, first of all: Hi everyone!

Brand new user (although occasional stalker...) to the website. I signed up so I could help with the cropping of the Beau Peep strips. I do hope Microsoft Paint will be sufficient!

I'll message Rob through PM & hopefully be able to get started soon. I am working from home, so my contributions may be sporadic but every little helps, as they say.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 01:36:33 PM »
I hate to rain on the parade, but we're going to need a little more of a concerted effort from everyone to even make a dent in all the work that needs to be done to get all these strips online. I shall send a message to every board member to ask whether they are willing to chip in in some small way.