Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1730 times)

A Legionnaire

Hello!
« on: May 20, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

Brand new user to CamelDung - although I have been an occasional lurker over the years.

I first bumped into Beau Peep when I bought a job lot of 'old' comic strip books from a car boot. Most of them were The Broons, Oor Wullie, Garfield, there were a couple of Fred Bassets, and a sole Beau Peep - Book 3. At the time, I didn't really appreciate Peep too much (after all, I was only ~8!). But over the years, I kept going back to it and a couple of others that I'd picked up. I'm pleased to say I own all 21 books now.

I'm loathe to admit that if it hasn't appeared in a book, I've almost certainly never had the chance to read it - by the time I was old enough for the news to be important, the internet was commonly available. Not sure I've ever bought a newspaper. So, I've signed up to help with the plan to get them all uploaded online, that way no-one else has to suffer at not being able to read all of Peep.

Guess that's a reasonable introduction. I'll see you all around the fort.

Feel free to drop me a message or replies below, I'll try and get back to you... eventually.

Daniel

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
Welcome, Daniel! Look forward to having you around.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
Welcome indeed, Daniel - you've made some happy people feel very old.  ;D
I apologise, in advance.

A Legionnaire

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »
Hi Roger & Tarquin,

I do apologise if I've made you feel old. Guess the truth hurts huh?  ;)

Well, let's just say the Peep strip was in its teenage years before I was even around...
Of course, you could read it the other way: Peep is still being enjoyed by the (relatively) young. Hope for the future yet eh?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »
Hello Daniel - I too started off with book #3

We haven't had a new member for a long time - I thought Mince had the chased them all away.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
Hello Daniel - I too started off with book #3

We haven't had a new member for a long time - I thought Mince had the chased them all away.

He tries hard to !

Welcome Daniel, I was a newbie once. Feels like twice now  :P

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse. :)