Author Topic: New Year's Events  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

New Year's Events
« on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »
We have some store made pizzas ready to bung in the oven and my daughter is making a chocolate fruit fondue. 

There could be board games or maybe a TV show - if we stay up until 1:00 AM (we have to wait for British Columbia to join in, before new shows are released) we can see what happened to the kid who fell off the balcony when Cobra Kai season 3 starts up.

Hope you all have a jolly good time in your living rooms too.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: New Year's Events
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 09:19:16 AM »
Didn't bother having a drink and went to bed at 11.30. Good riddance, 2020!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 10:07:45 AM »
I had three cans of beer and watched The Dead Zone with my wife.

Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!

Offline Max

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 03:32:54 PM »
Had 2 glasses of champagne with my partner, watched the Billy Connolly tribute and the last Only an excuse (thankfully).
Read the Eddie Izzard biography til 2am then bed.
Looked out on the street and it was deserted.

Oh, forgot to say the C.I.D. came to my door asking about my CCTV in the afternoon.
There had been an "incident" the previous night around 9pm and they wondered if my camera had picked anything up.
Sadly the camera hadn't been recording at that time (only used to check our cars in the night).
Still, it brightened up the day.

Happy New Year peeps.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 06:43:53 PM »
Thanks, Max!
Yeah, the Only An Excuse set-up ground to a halt a good few years ago. Originally, it was quite funny but, over time, the material became worse and worse. Glad to see it's finally been put to bed.
So you had the police at your door? Lucky you---I can't remember what it's like to have visitors!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: New Year's EventExcuse, but
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 08:57:52 PM »
I really enjoyed last night’s Only An Excuse, but mainly for the mixture of vintage clips and interviews with the ‘victims’. But I agree it’s well past it’s sell-by date, as perhaps ironically demonstrated by how funny the old clips were. Having missed 2002-2016 whilst being unavoidably detained south of the border, I was surprised and delighted in equal measure to see it was still being done when I returned in 2017. Similar measures of disappointment and sadness followed though when I watched it. Sometimes you have to know when to avoid injury time and blow the final whistle.

Best thing I’ve seen over the past couple of days was the superb trilogy of videos celebrating the end of this appalling year through drones and Scottish poetry. Beautifully emotive work. Be right back with some links...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 09:01:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/nV4jNWZlmEU

https://youtu.be/5LKKmimrsx8

https://youtu.be/JKUAZxqUorI

Enjoy! I think we can ban those fireworks right now.

(EDIT:  The videos on my screen say that full screen is unavailable, but if you click on the YouTube logo on each one, you'll be taken to the full screen versions. Worth it, I think.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:04:34 PM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 09:56:01 AM »
These are stunning, Steve. When I first saw them on TV, I assumed they were all computer-generated but I see they were actual drones filmed in the Highlands and THEN transposed to various locations. Amazing.