Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Spring

(1/3) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
We were heading towards spring, the snow was retreating from the house inch by inch but then we got a big dump of wet and heavy snow (best kind for snowmen) so are back in winter mode for now.

I just had a new go of Britbox and am enjoying the gardening shows you guys have in the UK - some of them are really great - a few practical ideas and visits to public gardens - great stuff. So many plants that I have never heard of and wouldn't grow in Zone2 anyway but it is still nice to see them. 

I myself have florescent grow bulbs for the first time and am starting seeds under them in the kitchen.

I have thus far finished 29 books/e-books/audio-books this calendar year on my year of finishing books (I often give up part way in)

Dark-eyed Juncos returned this week - so many extra bird varieties this winter, these ones are particularly cute. 

That is the spring report of the CBPFC

Roger Kettle:
And I thought it was cold here...
That's an impressive reading list you've got through, Diane! Talking about books, I was saddened to hear that my favourite author, Larry McMurtry, had passed away. What a brilliant legacy he leaves behind.

Diane CBPFC:
Sorry to hear that Roger, I was thinking of your past recommendation for Lonesome Dove and placed a hold on the audio book a couple of weeks ago.

Max:
A haircut and beard trim have been achieved, I finally feel mostly human again.
An appointment with the dentist tomorrow, might be able to chew food again without the fear of losing another filling.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Take care.  ;)

Roger Kettle:
My grey, rapidly-thinning locks will be getting chopped tomorrow. In the current climate, that counts as a day out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version