Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Apologies
« on: April 27, 2021, 11:14:17 PM »
I had to move the board to a new server and it took longer than I thought.

I hope everything is back to normal.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 12:54:41 AM »
Good to know, I am trying out a new browser and thought the weird sparse look was down to that.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 09:33:54 AM »
If everyone could make a post here stating that they can still get on the board, that would be good.

Feel free to moan about having to log in again, assuming you had to.

Offline Max

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »
Saw it was a bit wonky last night but was back to normal before 11PM.

Didn't have to login again

Are the smilies coming back ?

Cheers

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
I think I fixed the smileys.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »
Looks like I'm in, as well. Didn't have to log in.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »
Excellent.

The whole process went pear-shaped at one point because I made the stupid mistake of setting the whole forum up as a test site first and changing the theme folder to the new location. Little did I know that this made changes in the database, so when I moved the files to the new cameldung folder, the database was still stating that the location of the theme files was in the old new location and not the new new location, and when I deleted the test files, it threw a wobbler. And by that point I was too drunk to work out what the problem was. But it all worked out in the end.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 07:37:20 PM »
Thank goodness you weren't too drunk or we would all be on the Garfield fanpage now.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
Excellent.

The whole process went pear-shaped at one point because I made the stupid mistake of setting the whole forum up as a test site first and changing the theme folder to the new location. Little did I know that this made changes in the database, so when I moved the files to the new cameldung folder, the database was still stating that the location of the theme files was in the old new location and not the new new location, and when I deleted the test files, it threw a wobbler. And by that point I was too drunk to work out what the problem was. But it all worked out in the end.
I'm sober and didn't understand a word of this.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 03:44:20 PM »
Schoolboy error.
I apologise, in advance.