Author Topic: Potatoes  (Read 849 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Potatoes
« on: June 05, 2021, 01:10:27 AM »
This is a picture of my potatoes three weeks after planting.

I have been spending a LOT of time in the garden.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »
Impressive, as always, Diane. As you may recall, the efforts in my household to grow potatoes ended in a crop that would have struggled to make enough for three cheese 'n' onion crisps.

Offline Max

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:10:48 PM »
Well done Diane, certainly puts my chilli plants in the shade, only just got them into the large pots.
With luck there should be chillies ready by mid August.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 05:13:58 PM »
Well at least you had a go Roger. Back when I had them growing at the farm we got the potato blight - I had three varieties growing in different areas, it went from one to the other like they had been burned by a blow torch.

I hope you peppers do well in the pots Max - I once bought a 6-pack and put them in the garden, it was the weirdest thing they stayed the same all summer, looking like healthy little young seedlings but they didn't grow.

I am trying cabbages for the first time this year, started them indoors about 8 weeks before putting them out - they are so far holding their own.

Gardening is good for getting me outdoors, I am not one to sit in the sun but can spend hours pottering about with the weeds and watering etc
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 01:49:18 AM »
Sadly all my potatoes and the tomatoes in the veggie garden are dead.

At least I tried and it amused me for months.

The tomatoes on the deck are still living.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 09:31:23 AM »
Rest in peas.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 05:20:22 AM »
I bought more tomatoes - onwards and upwards!