Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

How's everyone doing?

(1/5) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
How are things working out with covid restrictions and vaccinations etc where you live?

I had my second shot yesterday and our province is opening up fully on July 1st for Canada Day. Our town is putting on it's usual firework display - a crowd gathers in field each year to watch them.

It seems funny after all this time, that things are just like that - back to normal.

Roger Kettle:
Things are still pretty chaotic over here, Diane, with different restrictions in different regions. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the rules are where I live. I think I'm allowed to have six people from six different households in my home, as long as they're all wearing diving helmets and standing on one leg. In my garden, I'm allowed fifteen people from fifteen different households if we all lie face down on the lawn, two metres apart. From the middle of July, we will be allowed to wave to a neighbour across the street if we wear gloves.
To answer your initial question, I'm fine!

Mince:
The cases in Dundee are pretty wild at the moment, three times the national average.

Roger Kettle:
Mince, you're back! And with your usual cheery input!
Yes, the situation in Dundee is concerning. I live in Fife, where the figures are more than three times lower, but any Covid-19 hotspot is a concern. I gave a jokey response to Diane's kindly enquiry because we've reached a situation where nobody is sure of their local restrictions. People are tiring of lockdowns/partial lockdowns and are becoming more willing to take their own risks.
Time (and an enquiry in ten years time) will tell how this pandemic has been handled.

Diane CBPFC:
the 'level 2" restrictions in place until July 1st are confusing here too.

It is like anything that money is handed over is okay - visiting grandma is a no-no. I suggested Grandma charge for her chicken dinner. Same with weddings and funerals - only 20 people UNLESS you hold the reception at a movie cinema were its 20% capacity (my idea)

People are dying here with the Delta variant, even people with both shots - makes you wonder if things are safe enough to fully open in only a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version