Author Topic: Not going viral  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Not going viral
« on: July 24, 2021, 03:19:08 AM »
I learned how do do a facebook frame - offered two choices in "I Dig Gardening" and I am the only person out of millions that is using it.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Not going viral
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:40:40 PM »
Because I sorta pride myself in moving with the times, Diane, I feely deeply ashamed and embarrassed that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. Should I?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »
I’m guessing it’s what was called a “cold frame” - like a box shape with a glass lid. Gardeners’ terminology. #gardnersquestiontime
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 06:14:17 AM »
It is a picture/text overlay that you add to your face photo on Facebook - usually for causes or holidays

You have to be a FB developer to do them, not through your usual account - but anyone can be a FB developer - obviously

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 05:24:57 PM »
Useful for starting off marrow plants while frosts are still likely too. 👍
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 07:05:21 PM »
So Facebook still has all the advertising and links to make FB frames - but when you go to post is says not available.  Thinking it was a glitch, I wrote in only to find it is a change of policy - not any Tom, Dick or Harry can now make a frame - it has to be people in groups aligned with the founders political leanings.  It is a change of policy which should be stated, rather than have people go round in loops for nothing. Grrr

I had made a nice "I Voted" frame but instead of the "O" I used a maple leaf, showing it was in the Canadian election.