Author Topic: A Tale of Two Mice  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

A Tale of Two Mice
« on: August 13, 2021, 05:51:02 AM »
I have a new cordless computer mouse that I was setting up (tiny on/off button) when a real mouse ran right past me. What are the chances of that.

And here I was thinking that I had nothing exciting to share with the group.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: A Tale of Two Mice
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »
At least it wasn't a moose.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »
caught the mouse.

I have another interesting story, this time about string.

My garden string keeps disappearing - some say it could be birds, some say may be bugs.

The poor tomato plants fall over.

It is like Bigfoot all over again. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 09:36:51 AM »
What's the plural of Bigfoot? "I saw three Bigfeet"? "I saw three Bigfoots"?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 01:34:35 PM »
Delusions?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 05:22:05 PM »
I’m wondering if a computer mouse might feel offended to be considered not “a real mouse”.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 02:03:59 AM »
What's the plural of Bigfoot? "I saw three Bigfeet"? "I saw three Bigfoots"?

you were lucky, my hubby is still hoping just to see the one

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 02:10:31 AM »
I’m wondering if a computer mouse might feel offended to be considered not “a real mouse”.

At first I thought I had offended it but then I found out that this one has an on/off button by the little wheel on top.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 08:31:35 PM »
I'm changing the subject here, Diane, but do you know anything about that rock formation in Alberta that, from space, looks astonishingly like a man-made sculpture of a native American? Is it near you? I saw it on a Discovery programme the other night and, of course, immediately thought about you.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 04:28:58 AM »
I have not and we do own a geology book for Alberta - I will have to check

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
Well Google maps don't lie - there is an image of a head in the badlands down by Medicine Hat: 50°00'38.8"N 110°06'47.9"W

I had not heard about it, you would think it would be a tourist attraction. Kinda cool how Township Road 123A makes it look like he's wearing an ear-pods.

I have wanted to drive down to Cypress Hills for a couple of years in the campervan but the covid situation has turned me into a hermit.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »
Yes, that's the one. Weird!

Offline Max

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
We have the Sleeping Warrior nearby at the Dumbuck quarry, don't know if we will lose it if the quarry extends as it would like to.
Tried to attach a pic of the giant's head and chest

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2021, 05:01:48 PM »
You would think that something like that would be saved and listed.