Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Diane's Goldfish Moment

(1/3) > >>

Mince:
I get fascinated by how my brain can recall things I did not know it even remembered. It's as though there's a key or trigger that brings to mind something I have not recalled for decades.

What is everyone's first memory, and what have you recalled recently that you have not thought of in a long time?

I remember as a child thinking that dark blue was light blue, because it was bolder, more substantial, and light blue was dark blue because it was fainter and less substantial.

I also remember getting confused between the words "kitchen" and "chicken". I also remember accidentally lighting the chicken on fire.

I also, vividly, remember finding a 50p coin in the park. But I don't recall what I spent it on.

Diane CBPFC:
I remember lying on the couch in the good living room with my niece who is a year older than me - we both had one of those spotty childhood diseases at the same time and were being processed accordingly.

Diane CBPFC:
This post made me look up if the Trumpton firemen roll-call started Hugh, Hugh Barney McGrew or Pugh, Pugh Barney McGrew

I loved that bit when I was three

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
My earliest memories were between the age of 2 and 4, when we lived on a housing estate in Glenrothes in Fife. Getting red busses into the big city (Kirkaldy) was a major treat. And the vans that came around the estate selling everything you could possibly need, long before supermarkets were ever thought of. Of course, to a 2-4 year-old, the Mr Whippy vans were the best. To this very day, I still associate the smell of diesel fumes with a 99 cone, and salivate uncontrollably.

I also had a torch in the shape of a gun activated by the trigger, which was the most precious thing on Earth at the time, and a technological marvel.

But it's the songs that fascinate me most. Listening to chart-toppers on the radio I might not have heard for half a century, and singing along to every word, practically faultlessy... as I stand in front of the open fridge door, trying to remember what I was looking for.

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on September 27, 2021, 05:35:49 PM ---...the good living room...

--- End quote ---

There's posh! What went on in the bad living room?

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on September 27, 2021, 05:35:49 PM ---This post made me look up if the Trumpton firemen roll-call started Hugh, Hugh Barney McGrew or Pugh, Pugh Barney McGrew

I loved that bit when I was three

--- End quote ---

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb. Classic line-up, only surpassed by Aird, Hall, Connolly, Pearson and Aitken (obscure reference that probably only Roger will understand).

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:

--- Quote from: Mince on September 27, 2021, 12:49:52 PM ---I remember as a child thinking that dark blue was light blue, because it was bolder, more substantial, and light blue was dark blue because it was fainter and less substantial.

--- End quote ---

Oh, for a quizzical Mr Spock raised eyebrow GIF right now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version