Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

Diane's Goldfish Moment

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:

--- Quote from: Mince on September 27, 2021, 12:49:52 PM ---I also, vividly, remember finding a 50p coin in the park. But I don't recall what I spent it on.

--- End quote ---

I'm shocked you didn't take it to the police station!

I found three pound notes rolled together in the gutter when I was about 6. An absolute fortune back then! My older brother was with me at the time, and claimed he'd spotted it first (he bloody didn't!). Our Mum took us to the police station, and they told us it was ours after three weeks, if no-one else claimed it. Longest three weeks of my life! It wasn't claimed, and my older brother stuck to his story, and was allocated two of the notes by Judge Mum, and I had to share the third with my little brother. Ten bob was still more money than I'd ever had in my short life before, but I shot my older brother in the leg with his own air pistol (dart, not pellet) about ten years later (I had no idea it was loaded, honest!). Not sure which of us was more shocked, but he never bothered me again after that.

Happy days!

Roger Kettle:
Oh, I certainly understand the reference, Tarks! Great days.
When I was three, my family lived in Haiti (long story) and, apparently, I would keep disappearing from our house. This didn't concern my parents as they knew where to find me. I would run to the end of the street and sit with an old local guy who cleaned shoes and was my "best friend". I have fond, if very vague, memories of him.

Diane CBPFC:

--- Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll on September 28, 2021, 10:53:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mince on September 27, 2021, 12:49:52 PM ---I also, vividly, remember finding a 50p coin in the park. But I don't recall what I spent it on.

--- End quote ---

I'm shocked you didn't take it to the police station!

I found three pound notes rolled together in the gutter when I was about 6. An absolute fortune back then! My older brother was with me at the time, and claimed he'd spotted it first (he bloody didn't!). Our Mum took us to the police station, and they told us it was ours after three weeks, if no-one else claimed it. Longest three weeks of my life! It wasn't claimed, and my older brother stuck to his story, and was allocated two of the notes by Judge Mum, and I had to share the third with my little brother. Ten bob was still more money than I'd ever had in my short life before, but I shot my older brother in the leg with his own air pistol (dart, not pellet) about ten years later (I had no idea it was loaded, honest!). Not sure which of us was more shocked, but he never bothered me again after that.

Happy days!

--- End quote ---

I think we would all like to know if the air pistol was bought with the two pounds from the find.

Mince:

--- Quote from: Roger Kettle on September 28, 2021, 12:44:54 PM ---When I was three, my family lived in Haiti (long story) and, apparently, I would keep disappearing from our house. This didn't concern my parents as they knew where to find me. I would run to the end of the street and sit with an old local guy who cleaned shoes and was my "best friend". I have fond, if very vague, memories of him.

--- End quote ---

Did he try to sell you duck detectors?

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:

--- Quote from: Diane CBPFC on September 28, 2021, 05:36:26 PM ---

I think we would all like to know if the air pistol was bought with the two pounds from the find.

--- End quote ---

Ha! Wouldn't that be lovely Karma?

But he would have been only about 7 or 8 at the time the money was found, so unlikely to have been sold one, despite growing up in Scotland.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version