Author Topic: Fun with Potatoes  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Fun with Potatoes
« on: October 07, 2021, 12:24:45 AM »
I steamed a sample of all 7 types of potatoes I grew this year and my hubby and I had a taste testing of potatoes last night.

He deemed them all 4/5 and "lovely" - it was a laugh and a science experiment at the same time.

The potatoes are warty again this year - the soil was brought in from the cattle yard and has too much organic compost in it, apparently this will fade over time.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Fun with Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:01:40 AM »
Was the test done double blind and with a control group?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »
Was the test done double blind and with a control group?

Note subject title: "FUN"
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »
Nobody told ME there’s more than two types of potatoes. King Edward’s and cooking potatoes.

Or was that apples?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 07:38:19 PM »
Ah, so by 'science experiment' you meant 'uncontrolled taste test with confounding variables'. Okay, I'm understanding this more now.

Next time, consider telling hubby that the fun part involves a blindfold and a lie-detector.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 10:35:27 PM »
He is much too old to be tied up to a lie detector with my cooking.