Author Topic: Narwhals versus Giant Octopuses.  (Read 9213 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Narwhals versus Giant Octopuses.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2007, 05:44:30 PM »
Like Roger I will act as the straight man.
Why Deborah the Whelk.

It was a female whelk, of course.  ::)

I know but why not Wendy or Wanda but Deborah she should be the dolphin.

??? I just liked the idea of a whelk called Deborah. (It's not a common name with shellfish).

When I was in the Philippines, we spent a few days on the small island of Boracay, off the larger Panay Island. I booked a chalet near the beach, and one evening heard the sound of a creature clattering across the paved area outside. I took a photograph.

Meet Helen, the Land Hermit Crab. (People actually keep these as pets in some parts of the world).

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »
[

??? I just liked the idea of a whelk called Deborah. (It's not a common name with shellfish).

When I was in the Philippines, we spent a few days on the small island of Boracay, off the larger Panay Island. I booked a chalet near the beach, and one evening heard the sound of a creature clattering across the paved area outside. I took a photograph.

Meet Helen, the Land Hermit Crab. (People actually keep these as pets in some parts of the world).

[/quote]

I think it should be Lady Helen Crustacea.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 05:53:43 PM »
I don't think these things have surnames, Peter! What a bizarre concept.

I just realised that the way I wrote that piece earlier made it sound as though the Land Hermit Crab was already named Helen. It was actually the name I gave it. I've no idea whether anyone had previously named it. For all I know, I may have been the only person ever to have seen it. This was a wild one, not one that had been domesticated.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
That's Matilda! I thought she was lost forever.

peter

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 05:58:36 PM »
That's Matilda! I thought she was lost forever.
No she had been to the dance.