Author Topic: Bear  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Bear
« on: June 28, 2022, 03:28:59 PM »
After all these years on the lookout for one, a bear walked through our yard.

My hubby had left a calf milk bottle outside waiting to be washed - those things are made of plastic with a tightly attached rubber teat (or the calf would pull them off) well the bear managed to pull the teat off the bottle before it sauntered through the yard.

By the time I got my camera out of its bag the bear had gone into the bush.

Now I am a little leery about weeding the veggie patch with my audio-book and headphones.

The last week or so has also seen our place surrounded by about 6 noisy ravens, they circle the place cawing, seems like intimidating behaviour.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Bear
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:53:26 AM »
I had a pigeon on my windowsill this afternoon.

Quite a big one!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 02:05:34 PM »
I had a pigeon on my windowsill this afternoon.

Quite a big one!

That's how it starts off with just the one casing the place...
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 02:44:41 PM »
[Shudder!]
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »
Brown? Black? Grizzly? I mean the bear, not the pigeon.
Superb Hitchcock, Tarks!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 10:15:42 AM »
Thanks, Roger. The pigeon was grey, and more anxious than grizzly.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 07:58:36 PM »

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 08:00:12 PM »
Brown? Black? Grizzly? I mean the bear, not the pigeon.
Superb Hitchcock, Tarks!

Small black and it ruined that calf bottle with tooth holes. 

I didn't weed the garden this week.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 12:59:41 AM »
I was getting behind the times with technology but just bought my first bluetooth device which is a set of bone conducting headphones, now I can spend  2 hours watering my garden while listening to my audio book yet still hear what is going on around me.

These seem pretty space agey to me.

I just finished listening to The Thursday Murder Club :-) 

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 09:19:53 PM »
I'm not sure I understand all the fuss about "The Thursday Murder Club". I thought it was okay without being gripping or "unputdownable". Why it topped the hardback and paperback charts for months on end and has now been bought by Spielberg for a future film is a bit mystifying. I like the author, Richard Osman, but I'm guessing that even he must be astonished by its success. Having said that, good luck to him!
Diane, despite your use of the latest technology, please be careful. As we all know from watching Yogi, bears can be sneaky.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 06:48:04 PM »
I listened to the book in audio format with a library loan - I thought some of the dialog was so funny and witty that had it been a regular book I would have re-read the lines a few times. (So I've bought a hardback copy - second hand, they are sold out of new ones in Canada at both major online sellers) At the end of the audio book there was an interview with the author who admits he likes to write about popular things. I liked the decency of the characters, when they were not doing people in of course, and the detailed description of coffee time treats. Cosy.

I download all my audio books from the library - currently John Grisham's The Guardians - I wish more of his books were made into movies - this one has a haunted house bit in it. :-) One of my all-time favourite movies is The Client