Author Topic: Happy Birthday TTIII  (Read 775 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Happy Birthday TTIII
« on: February 06, 2023, 07:23:55 AM »
Hope you have a lovely day :-)

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Happy Birthday TTIII
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 09:31:52 AM »
Have a great one, Steve!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 01:27:27 PM »
Thank you, both - much appreciated!

This evening, I shall be enjoying a joint (don't stop here) birthday tea with my eldest Grandson, who will be nine years old tomorrow. A far more important birthday than any I have to offer these days. I'm looking forward to it every bit as much as he is. :D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 06:44:27 PM »
Sounds wonderful. Out of all my birthdays #9 is the one that stands out in my memory the most - hope your grandson has a special one
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
He made a good start last night, Diane, and there's a party at the weekend. He also really enjoyed his Granddad's tale about another 9th birthday party many moons ago, when his Granddad was sent to his room by his Great Grandmother in front of all his school pals at his own party for being an obnoxious brat. Too many e-numbers, long before we even knew what they were.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 09:12:31 PM »
He made a good start last night, Diane, and there's a party at the weekend. He also really enjoyed his Granddad's tale about another 9th birthday party many moons ago, when his Granddad was sent to his room by his Great Grandmother in front of all his school pals at his own party for being an obnoxious brat. Too many e-numbers, long before we even knew what they were.

Sounds like there is more to this story?

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 01:05:34 AM »
Not really, Diane, or if there is, I can't recall exactly what I did wrong, apart from being a little too loud and over-bearing (It's MY party, and I'll do what I want to!).

But the shame lingers.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 07:10:41 PM »
Not really, Diane, or if there is, I can't recall exactly what I did wrong, apart from being a little too loud and over-bearing (It's MY party, and I'll do what I want to!).

But the shame lingers.

I got kicked out of the Girl Guides for tying up Margaret - should have given me a knots badge if life was fair.   

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 09:42:52 PM »
:D
I apologise, in advance.