Author Topic: Dame Edna cartoon  (Read 839 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Dame Edna cartoon
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:31:29 AM »
Did you see the Dame Edna cartoon as she's approaching the Pearly Gates with a big pair of cat-eye glasses on her back like angel wings.

The cartoonist's name wasn't given on the Facebook page I saw it. I thought it was brilliant and moving.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Dame Edna cartoon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 09:38:52 AM »
Sounds excellent, Diane. Another sad loss.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 09:39:24 AM »
I couldn't find it, Diane, but whilst searching, I found this one by the brilliant Australian cartoonist David Rowe... love it!

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 09:42:46 AM »
And this was my own tribute that I drew yesterday. No gag, I'm afraid it took all my energy doing her hair...

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 06:51:48 PM »
And this was my own tribute that I drew yesterday. No gag, I'm afraid it took all my energy doing her hair...

You done her proud, worth the extra fuss on the hair. <3
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 06:53:00 PM »
This the cartoon - artist not given but it was shared by an Australian radio station 99.7 Bridge FM

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 09:30:50 AM »
Superb! Every one of them!