Author Topic: You'll find me in the garden.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: You'll find me in the garden.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2023, 09:31:35 PM »
Will check it out!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2023, 02:54:20 PM »
Beavers are amazing creatures. The skill and complexity involved in constructing their dams is incredible.

The construction of a beaver dam is probably just an emergent property of the interactions among individual beavers following simple rules rather than a result of a detailed preconceived plan. I don't think beavers have a blueprint or a mental image of the final dam; their behavior is guided by instincts and a set of rules that lead to the emergent structure.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 04:56:38 PM »
Beavers are amazing creatures. The skill and complexity involved in constructing their dams is incredible.

The construction of a beaver dam is probably just an emergent property of the interactions among individual beavers following simple rules rather than a result of a detailed preconceived plan. I don't think beavers have a blueprint or a mental image of the final dam; their behavior is guided by instincts and a set of rules that lead to the emergent structure.

What do you think about wasp nests? They are pretty perfect. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2023, 05:14:42 PM »

A bit like you at meal times.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 07:06:46 PM »
A bit like you at meal times.

Well, that goes without saying.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2023, 07:11:15 PM »
What do you think about wasp nests? They are pretty perfect.

They have to be to satisfy the zoning regulations that restrict nest size or demand compliance with "Flight Path Safety" standards.