Author Topic: trebuchets  (Read 652 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

trebuchets
« on: September 04, 2023, 07:00:23 AM »
There doesn't seem to be a day goes by that I don't see a joke or a meme for a trebuchet in my Facebook feed.

I wonder how that took off?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: trebuchets
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 09:40:33 AM »
That's strange. Are they featured in "Game of Thrones" or something like that? (This is me pretending I didn't have to look up the word).

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 01:35:27 PM »
Have you searched for one recently, Diane? The Interweb seems to follow up things like that. You can get some cracking models of them on Amazon, but sadly, no life-sized versions that I've found yet.

There is actually one at Castle Urquhart on Loch Ness, Roger, though obviously not loaded, in case Mince decides to visit and use it against the Kelpie.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 06:45:17 PM »
No, I hadn't done a search but after typing it here on the WWW I shall expect more now :-)

I took 10 years off my age on Facebook because the funeral home ads were too many, back to the land of retirement home ads again now.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 03:06:41 PM »
There is actually one at Castle Urquhart on Loch Ness, Roger, though obviously not loaded, in case Mince decides to visit and use it against the Kelpie.

Unless it's within shooting distance of your mud hut, I'm not interested.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 03:09:10 PM »
(This is me pretending I didn't have to look up the word).

I know the term from multiple sources - roleplaying and board games, films, and medieval history. So your not knowing the term genuinely surprises me. But then I guess Custer didn't have one.