Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

The Fall Line Up

(1/5) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
What are you all doing or looking forward to this fall? Anything you have not tried before?

I signed up for an international cooking class (fun level), started water aerobics yesterday, read the book for the upcoming library book/movie event and am considering joining floor curing. I am saving seeds from my garden almost daily (planted 10 kinds of sunflowers this year) and am thinking of finishing it up for the year, digging up the spuds and leaving it tidy. The calf ate my strawberry transplants so that is one less job lol

I am looking forward to starting feeding the birds (will wait for snow but have already stocked up on sunflower seed) and watching Slow Horses season 3

I think we should have a Beau Peep online festival, it would involve reading the books and cooking with mince - the idea needs to be flushed out.

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Good grief, Diane, when do you sleep?

I never tempt fate by planning any more than a week ahead. It's worked reasonably well so far.

Floors need curing? Who knew?

I can't grow anything. A friend brought me a plant as a home-warming gift when I moved into my current abode (with no garden...yay! :D) . I really tried... too hard... and over-watered it to a premature death. She bought me a replacement, which looks lovely on my windowsill, and is so far doing absolutely fine after about 6 months. It's plastic, of course.

I've recently binge-watched every episode (49 x 29 minutes) of 'Inside No. 9', and enjoyed almost all of them. And 'Apollo 13' for what must be at least the 13th time by now... which might also be tempting fate.

I'd be up for a Beau Peep Festival, although when you say "cooking WITH mince"... Hmmmm.

Diane CBPFC:
I will have to give inside #9 another go.

That was meant to be curling - I'm not sure if I will do that or not - the aquasize is a bit of a time conflict and that seems to be doing my frozen shoulder some good so I will keep with that. 

I always feel like joining everything in the fall, the start of the new (school) year but then winter sets in with the icy roads and dark nights and I think things are pretty good at home these days with the streaming TV and library books you can download without leaving the house.

Roger Kettle:
Diane, I have to start by echoing Steve's question about when you actually sleep. I'm exhausted just hearing about your Autumnal plans. Also, like Steve, I seldom have the courage to plan ahead. At my age, being able to open my eyes in the morning is a bonus. Normally, around this time of year, my wife and I might be looking forward to a week in the Portuguese sun. With a granddaughter to look after three or four days a week, this ain't gonna happen.
In short, my plans for this Autumn are to nap on my couch as often as possible. I'm more than happy with that!

Diane CBPFC:
Do you still play golf Roger? I'm getting an image of Andy Capp on the couch, please tell me you haven't started wearing a cap? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version