Beau Peep Notice Board > Outpourings

The Holiday Movie Marathon

(1/3) > >>

Diane CBPFC:
One of my favourite things about Christmas, is picking one of the days between Christmas and New Year and having a 12 hour LOTR movie fest whist wearing jammies and eating snacks instead of meals.

I was talking to someone about this and she said it doesn’t have to be LOTR, there are lots of good movie trilogies that would work.
Instead of outright dismissing the idea out of hand, I did come up with Terminator #1, #2, #6

Do you guys have any ideas of movies that would make a brilliant movie fest day?

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Well, the new(ish) traditional Christmas fare over here in Blighty is the Die Hard movie collection, Diane - 5 of them, spread over 25 years, and taking up at least 9 hours and 55 minutes of your binge day.

But if it was me, I'd go for the Toy Story quadrilogy, at 6 hours and 16 minutes, which you could extend a further 105 minutes by adding on the excellent Buzz Lightyear Movie.

Or if you want to go for the big test of endurance, no less than TWELVE Muppet movies will keep you 'entertained' for 19 hours and 13 minutes... Good luck!

Diane CBPFC:
We often watch the first Die Hard over Christmas and ALWAYS the Muppets Christmas Carol :-)

The kids grew up with Toy Story so that's a contender, thanks Tarqs

It would be great to find something new - for instance I only watched the Godfather movies for the first time about five years ago, much better than I thought they would be. 

Roger Kettle:
I had to look up LOTR!
I haven't seen any of The Lord of the Rings movies. I haven't seen any of the Star Trek movies. I saw the first Star Wars movie and left it at that. I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible movies. I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies.
In short, Diane, I have no suggestions!

Diane CBPFC:
There are so many good movies out there, the trick is to find a set that the whole family will like.

I feel a bit sorry for you Roger for never having had a LOTR day in your pjs with a turkey sandwich.

When I was a child Jason and the Argonaughts was on TV every Christmas for most of my growing up years, this was before the VCR even. We are so lucky these days to be able to stop and start movies as we like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version