Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 181 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Pokemon Go
« on: March 15, 2024, 05:29:25 PM »
Let me start off by saying that I am not a video game person although I do like word game apps.

My (adult) daughter took me to town on a "community day" after getting Pokemon go set up on my phone - she had talked about the game for months so I went to keep her company and thought I would only play along for the one day.

However it is really quite a lot of fun with so many things going on at the same time and it makes you look at your community differently and take more notice of what is going on around you in the real world and the Pokie world. Turns out quite a lot of older people play it, I had thought it was a game for 12-year-olds.

Any players here? We could exchange gifts and perhaps get an egg to hatch from a different country.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 07:45:03 PM »
If the Interweb had been around when I was a kid, I'd have been totally addicted to every game going. The nearest me and my brothers got was an orange box with two 'controller' dials that played the 'Pong' table-tennis game.

Bizarrely, I have never really got into gaming now that there are zillions of options available, but those I do occasionally enjoy on my iPad are traditional 'real world' tactile pursuits, like Freecell (cards), pool, snooker, darts and Yahtsee (my grandson and I have a weekly tournament in the Birnam Institute cafe area while his sister does her ballet lesson). Highlight of my week! I told him from the start that I'd never patronise him by letting him win. He beat me 7 games to 1 last week.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 10:05:12 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 01:14:36 PM »
lol
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 01:37:59 PM »
I found a website were people put up their Pokemon account numbers and you can scan them to be your friends - I now have friends all over the world LOL Having friends means you can exchange all these gifts you pick up at Pokie stops and get all sorts of useful rewards.

Yes, I do know this sounds crazy, I felt that way when my daughter was talking about the game. Not only that the game peaked in 2016 lol

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 01:19:12 AM »
I am officially addicted to Pokemon Go. Probably because it is something fun to do with my daughter who has been staying with us for three months, once she moves on to her summer job at the end of the month I may not play as much. We take a picnic in the car and go around all the parks and churches and have a laugh.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 10:12:24 AM »
"Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Goldeneye" are the two games I remember most fondly from my son's childhood. Indeed, I completed all the levels on the latter after he had given up, declaring it "impossible". He's now 34 and I still haven't let him forget. I am very proud of this.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 04:55:03 PM »
"Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Goldeneye" are the two games I remember most fondly from my son's childhood. Indeed, I completed all the levels on the latter after he had given up, declaring it "impossible". He's now 34 and I still haven't let him forget. I am very proud of this.

Totally understand, I brag to my kids that I got an A+ in blood.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 12:29:45 PM »
I brag to my kids that I got an A+ in blood.

:D  Great line, Diane! I might have to 'borrow' that one (though the truth is I'm O+ - common as muck, me).
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »
I have no idea what my blood type is. Maybe Lager+.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 01:48:57 PM »
"Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Goldeneye" are the two games I remember most fondly from my son's childhood. Indeed, I completed all the levels on the latter after he had given up, declaring it "impossible".

You do realise that everyone now has to reassess your previous claims regarding your inability to open the lid of the laptop.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 03:16:36 PM »
Well Pokemon Go has turned into an addiction.  It was kind of fun packing a picnic and driving around parks and churches and main street businesses with my daughter on Bellsprout Day on Saturday, this still seemed fun and normal.

But then came Trubbish spawning hour Tuesday night and I drove to town to meet her after work with burgers wrapped in tin foil and we did it all again just 3 days later. LOL

Thankfully she is moving back to her summer job this weekend so I can go back to reading books at home like the boring old fart that I am.

She got about 20 people playing while she was back home, one of them said that he was also going to ask his mother to drive around with him because we made it look fun. We would randomly stop on the sidewalk with 4 other people battling a Pokie gym together. It is a laugh. 

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2024, 01:00:27 PM »
"Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Goldeneye" are the two games I remember most fondly from my son's childhood. Indeed, I completed all the levels on the latter after he had given up, declaring it "impossible".

You do realise that everyone now has to reassess your previous claims regarding your inability to open the lid of the laptop.
You have to remember that, at the time, I was being coached by an 8 year-old boy.