Author Topic: Baby Reindeer.  (Read 1513 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Baby Reindeer.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2024, 01:16:11 PM »
Netflix has a series running at the moment called Baby Reindeer. It's a dark, Scottish comedy-drama and is topping the ratings all over the place. I don't have Netflix so I haven't seen anything of it other than a few clips. The reason it interests me is that the creator and star of the show, Richard Gadd, is from my village. He is a friend of my son's and, as a teenager, was often in my house. A smashing lad and a great character, I'm so pleased to see him doing so well. He won the top award at the Edinburgh Fringe a few years back and has been commissioned by the BBC to produce a series for them.
While we're on the subject, my friend's daughter, Hannah Donaldson---also from the village---returns this week on BBC in her lead role in Granite Harbour, the detective series set in Aberdeen. The critics were unanimous in praising her performance in the first series and I'm confident that will be repeated. I've known her all her life and she's a lovely girl and a hugely talented actress.
Move over Hollywood---our wee village is taking over!

I've been to your wee village, and passed through a few times either before or after crossing the bridge.

Talking of towns and anagrams, makes me think of Elgin - another place I've been too.

The previous temporary manager of Aberdeen FC, Neil Warnock was oft referred to as Colin W******.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »
:D  I think most Aberdeen fans just dropped the Colin bit.

Good to see you, Peepsie. I'd forgotten your real name is Gleni.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2024, 09:23:43 AM »
Yes, welcome back, Peepsie!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2024, 08:27:36 AM »
Thanks, men. I'll try and be more regular.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2024, 11:39:16 AM »
All Bran... take it from me... PLEASE!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2024, 02:25:20 PM »
All Bran... take it from me... PLEASE!

Funnily enough, I just finished a box of that. 👍

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2024, 10:03:34 PM »
Netflix said on Friday it will fight a multimillion-dollar claim for damages brought by a Scottish woman who alleges she was defamed by the global hit show “Baby Reindeer.” Her complaint lists Netflix and Netflix Worldwide Entertainment as defendants. It also names Gadd, who stars in the seven-part miniseries as struggling comedian Donny Dunn.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2024, 12:56:07 PM »
I saw that, Mince. BBC news covered the story and, of course, I followed it with interest. They also featured a clip of Richard on the Jimmy Fallon "Tonight Show"---probably the biggest chat show in the States. Obviously, I hope the potential legal case comes to nothing.

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2024, 02:14:44 PM »
It's not often I'm on the side of corporate giants against individual citizens, but in this case...

I think I can see a relatively modest out-of-court settlement that might satisfy both parties, and I'll be astonished if that doesn't happen.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2024, 10:55:11 PM »
Agreed, Tarqs. While I have sympathy for the woman involved, she does appear happy to embrace the publicity.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2024, 03:26:04 PM »
My local butcher says they don't have any baby reindeer on offer and have no plans to start.