Author Topic: Bob Newhart  (Read 181 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Bob Newhart
« on: July 19, 2024, 11:08:55 AM »
Sad to have heard of the death of Bob Newhart. I bought an LP of his funny monologues when I was young. Hilarious guy.

I remember you saying he was a favourite of yours too, Roger.

Here's his Driving Instructor sketch...

https://youtu.be/XaUYQZR-y7I?si=StpcTJ5mw8mdz0fj
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Bob Newhart
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2024, 05:33:30 PM »
He was a great favourite of my father's, and I remember listening to his monologues on the old record player when I was a kid (probably the same LP, Peepsie). Very funny man!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 06:01:22 PM »
Yes, I was a huge fan and also listened to his glorious monologues on the family's old record player. Even in his latter years, he managed to steal the show when he appeared in several episodes of "The Big Bang Theory". A comic genius.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2024, 02:36:11 AM »
I adored Bob Newhart - manager of the Stratford Inn was my favourite role of his. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2024, 07:30:53 PM »
Loved that too, Diane. I seem to recall that there were three brothers in the show who all had the same first name. Weird!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 12:57:29 AM »
Hi, I'm Larry and this is my brother Darrel and my other brother Darrel.

True story - my husband has two brothers called Roger - one adopted, one forever fostered. 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad