Author Topic: A scientific question  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

A scientific question
« on: October 06, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »
A scientific question

How do you imagine Shrek hears with those ears of his? What would those tubes do to his sound reception?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

Re: A scientific question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »
His 'ears'  are trumpet shaped. Perhaps he has a little radar saucery thingy inside to pick up every tiny sound?! ???

Better still, perhaps he reads the script!  :D

Don't you think the Scottish accent is very endearing?

Malc

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »
Basically it's the only accent Mike Myers can do (he reprises it in Austin Powers as the huge, baby-eating Scotsman "Fat B*stard").

Shrek has hopefully run its course, Shrek The Third was a mess.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »

Aye, Lass - it's a verrritable babe magnet! As many of us on this boarrrrd can testify. But not Malc - he's lost his.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »
I found mine quite quickly, the noo.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »

Aye, Lass - it's a verrritable babe magnet! As many of us on this boarrrrd can testify. But not Malc - he's lost his.

Somehow, Tarquin, seeing it written doesn't do anything for me.  :-[

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »
I have a little crush on Craig Ferguson on The Late, Late Show - I don't know if it is because of his Scottish accent or because of his sexy eyebrows.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

peter

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »
I have a little crush on Craig Ferguson on The Late, Late Show - I don't know if it is because of his Scottish accent or because of his sexy eyebrows.
Now that is new. I did not know you could have sexy eyebrows.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »
Dennis Healey, Peter - another babe magnet in his day.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »

Craig Ferguson used to be a stand-up comedian over here, Diane. His stage name was Bing Hitler. I believe he's doing rather well for himself Stateside these days!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
Of course there is such a thing as sexy eyebrows; Mr. Ferguson knows how to wiggle his on camera to full advantage.

I think he was on the Drew Carey show before he got his late night show Roger but I didn't know he was Bing Hitler - he said he used to drink a bit.

Malc

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »
Ferguson was accused of stealing all his material in his Bing Hitler days (mostly from Gerry Sadowitz), to the extent that almost the entire comedy community turned against him. One particular Edinburgh Festival was very traumatic for him and probably resulted in his move to the States, where he became very successful, as we now know.

Oddly, he was supposed to be a quintessential Englishman in the Drew Carey show, only Brits seemed able to spot the awful cod Bertie Wooster accent, the Yanks bought it.

Why on earth he is a successful chat show host I have no idea. On stage he was as funny as rabies in a guide dogs home.