Author Topic: Home Again.  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Home Again.
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:19:50 PM »
Well, I'm back, safe and sound. (Despite Diamond Lil, at the wheel, deciding that red traffic lights in Portugal are merely a suggestion rather than an instruction).
We had a great time. Glorious sunshine, a beautiful villa, a warm pool and a friendly bar within ambling distance---the makings of everything I wanted from the past week. I didn't write a single strip. Bliss. It was strange in the sense that it was the first time my wife and I had been on holiday without the kids---now 18 and 20---but this was compensated by the company of my sister, the aforementioned Diamond Lil, who is a juvenile loony.
We had one glorious evening where we sat at an open-air beach restaurant, eating seafood, drinking wine and watching the waves crash against those spectacular Algarve rock formations under a starry sky. About as good as it gets.
As you can imagine, I am now like a tanned Greek God. A tanned Greek God with lumpy bits. Okay, a red guy with lumpy bits.
Thank you for all the lunacy here that I've spent the last hour catching up with. It's nice to be home.

Vulture

Re: Home Again.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
It's good to have you back, Roger. Perhaps your presence will create a sense of decorum on the board, even if you have been usurped by Peepmaster.  ;D

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:10 PM »
Glad you are back Roger - your holiday sounded great - a real nice rest.

With all the sandy beaches you saw there must be some way a creative accountant could write this trip off your taxes as reasearch for Beau Peep.  ;D

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »
Good thinking, Diane! And all my visits to Montana have been to research "Horace"....and any time I go to the pub, it's to research "Andy Capp"....
Right, it's after 10 and I've been up since 5. Night, night, Peepsters.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:18:08 PM »
5-hour days, Roger? Don't strain yourself, will you!

Camarada home, velho bem-vindo.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:47 AM »
Roger - you just need to come up with an idea for a golfing strip and all your vices will be tax deductable.  ;)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:20:33 AM »
Roger - you just need to come up with an idea for a golfing strip and all your vices will be tax deductable.  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diamond Lil

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
Only now catching up with the site and disappointed to see that my brother shared that slight incident at traffic lights with you all.  It was 7.00 a.m., still dark, I was weeping at the thought of having to go home and there was a big, threatening lorry filling my rear view mirror (picture 'Duel', if you will).  I saw a green light, the lorry flashed its lights and I was off.  OK, the green light turned out to be only for the left hand lane and the lorry actually flashed its lights after I took off.  I'm surprised he didn't tell you that I did an emergency U-turn a bit earlier when I thought I was going the wrong way up a dual carriage way...now that really did sort out any intestinal niggles he had had during the week  ;D 

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 01:22:50 PM »
Diamond Lil,

Don't worry about it, it happens!

I was staying in Connecticut once, and my friend was driving. She decided to turn into this road as it was a shortcut (she thought) - it turned out to be an exit off one of those interstates they have over there. It's funny how you can laugh at those emergency U-turns after the event.  :o