Author Topic: Strange Brain  (Read 2194 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Strange Brain
« on: November 25, 2007, 02:59:17 PM »
It may have been due to one beer too many last night, but I awake this morning with a feverish headache and hangover.

It really is strange what thoughts run through your brain in such a situation. I was dreaming of shouting out "Mrs Johnson" a lot, although I don't even know a Mrs Johnson. Maybe it was someone I knew in a previous life, or the name of my Mother's, (in that life), or a pet term for someone.

Then I remember being troubled because I was constantly thinking of having a double-barreled surname, like Ponsonby-Smythe, and I was worried about what you'd put on a bank security form, if it asked you for the 9th character of your surname - would you put "hyphen" or the letter "S"? I kept thinking about that.

I was then worrying about an allotment, although I don't do gardening. I think I was reading about George IV recently, and something about an allotment stuck in my mind. It's not as if that would be the most interesting thing about George IV. I know there's a George VI park in Ramsgate, but not a George (of any number) Allotments. I did some research however, and found there's a King George V Allotments in the North West, near Manchester. You can find anything on the internet. http://www.kgallotments.fsnet.co.uk/home.html
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

Re: Strange Brain
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »
Those allotments are in Audenshaw, which is Tameside, where I used to live.
We recently got back to Oz, as you may remember, and during our visit to Manchester we popped in to see our dear friend Pauline, who lives in Heald Green (not really THAT near Tameside in Manchester terms).
She informed us that she and her husband Mike had recently become obsessed with veggie growing and were now allotment owners in Audenshaw.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »
Nige, I can make sense of your morning for you: your body is crying out for Mrs. Johnson to bring you Aspirin and fresh veggies. Your body wants you to cut down on liquor before you lose all your connection cells and words like ?Ponsonby-Smythe? will just be ?Ponsonby?.what the hell was that other name??

Watch out for the sherry triffle!

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »
Diane - you may have interpreted that correctly. Perhaps there was an inner part of me crying out for sustenance.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 04:08:26 PM »
Diane - you may have interpreted that correctly. Perhaps there was an inner part of me crying out for sustenance.
maybe you were just pissed