Beau Peep Notice Board > Just a Fort

Happy Christmas.

<< < (4/6) > >>

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Jade Goody would be proud!  :o

The Peepmaster:

--- Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll on January 30, 2007, 07:19:11 PM ---Jade Goody would be proud!  :o

--- End quote ---

Oh Tarquin! There's nothing rascist about making poor puns! Please don't connect the two.  :-\

Tarquin Thunderthighs lll:
Ooooh, as if I would! ::)

In fact, and in my opinion, essentially, Ms Goody's recent controversial behaviour was not inspired by racist views, despite the racist elements that permeated her uncontrolled outbursts. From the outset, her anger was motivated by jealousy and not racism, and I believe she would have displayed the same degree of hostility towards any female with the class, sophistication, intelligence, beauty and success of Ms Shetty, regardless of their ethnicity. The racial card has been used by all-comers to hijack the issue for their own agendas ever since, although if the furore lifts the lid on the issue of insidious racism-through-ignorance then some good may come of it. Sadly, I fear the crucifixion of the handful of suspects involved, followed by the self-congratulatory back-slapping of the hypocritical hordes, will be the far more likely outcome.

Jade Goody's crime was to be bad, silly and devoid of considered thought...which brings me back to those puns..... ;)

Mince:

--- Quote from: Tarquin Thunderthighs lll on January 30, 2007, 07:56:52 PM ---Jade Goody's crime was to be bad, silly and devoid of considered thought...which brings me back to those puns..... ;)
--- End quote ---

Many of my students are Indian, and none of them would raise an eyebrow at the above puns.

Would we be bothered if someone said that "British" meant "kind of Britty"? (I could not think of a better one - so groans allowed.)

Malky McGookin:
I agree with Tarquin, even though I never saw and heard any of Goody's remarks I base my views solely on what I've seen of the media reaction. Typical tabloid hypocritical garbage.
A media beat-up as they say here in Oz.

If you want to see ignorant racist stereotyping you would only have to google Mahatma Coat, a character invented by Greg Ritchie (former Australian international cricket player) who appeared on The Footy Show over here for years.

Mahatma was a white man in blackface make-up and a Peter Sellers Indian accent who made stupidly unfunny jokes based on even unfunnier racist premise.

To the shame of the Australian TV viewing public he wasn't dumped due to an outcry from the people but because Greg Ritchie made a nuisance of himself on international flights so the network dumped him. Otherwise he'd still be doing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version