Author Topic: Beau Peep trivia challenge  (Read 182191 times)

Vulture

Re: Beau Peep trivia challenge
« Reply #630 on: April 21, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »
Neither of you are REAL policemen.  :\

How do you know?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:28:23 PM by Vulture »

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #631 on: April 21, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »

Don't tell me you're into uniforms.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #632 on: April 21, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »

I would add that the Beau Peep members are notorious for messing around with things - well, I am, with all the jokes we have played on Roger through the board and with private forums - but I guess in those instances I did have others who were in on (and could informally sanction) the joke.
At least you have access to others away from the general view of the public.  Perhaps I could have messaged before I tried it - but below applies

I too would like a little more from Bill. If it was just him being unthinking and stupid, telling us at least would be good.

That's it exactly - I didn't think at the time, although there was no malice or cheating intended (I did not use 'mikey' then my own login for scoring). 

I do regret having affected the scoring for those two days.

It was wrong to 'experiment' whether one could pose as an anonymous player.  This proves that one can't.  I also wanted to find out how quick the responses could be in reading the question and then knowing the answer.   It was way faster than any of the real top scores.  Whether you believe it or not, the 'experiment' was concluded after the third go.  There was no intention to cheat or claim credit for any score.

There is no decent explanation other than this, but you are probably not interested in my response anyway.  Unthinking and stupid about sums it up.

There seemed little point in elaborating in my previous 'post', but at least Vulture liked the pictures.  The 'Bye' is down to the assumption that I have committed an unforgivable act in doing this 'experiment' and would not be welcome.  I also assumed the login would have been cancelled anyway.

If that's not enough for you, Tarquin, I don't know what else to say.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #633 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »
It'll probably have to go to committee, and down through every level until we reach the "nadir" or our hierarchy, which is Mince. (The plankton vote rarely swings it anyway.) Failing that, Roger can decide.

I'm for allowing you to stay on, especially if you send me £500.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #634 on: April 21, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »
I'm for allowing you to stay on, especially if you send me £500.

I'll let you stay for £400.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2010, 03:06:51 PM »
Just don't bloody well do it again, okay?!!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »

How do you know?

I'm the Chief Constable.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »

Peeps and I made Tarquin an admin some time ago, but the power has obviously gone to his head. I for one knew Bilthehut was innocent from the start, and am glad I completely stayed out of what clearly turned into a vile witch hunt. You wouldn't see carrying on like this. It's disgraceful!

:-*  :-*

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #638 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »
Pants on fire!!!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #639 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

Peeps and I made Tarquin an admin some time ago, but the power has obviously gone to his head. I for one knew Bilthehut was innocent from the start, and am glad I completely stayed out of what clearly turned into a vile witch hunt. You wouldn't see carrying on like this. It's disgraceful!

:-*  :-*
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yp_l5ntikaU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jack

« Reply #640 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »
So, thanks to the scores being compromised, I automatically win the quiz for this month, right?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2010, 07:28:52 PM »
So, thanks to the scores being compromised, I automatically win the quiz for this month, right?

That's cheating! Tarks, sort him out.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
Can someone please tell me how to scroll quickly through the questions?  I was the slowest ever this morning and it's affecting my self esteem

Jack

« Reply #643 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »
Can someone please tell me how to scroll quickly through the questions?  I was the slowest ever this morning and it's affecting my self esteem

You have to click on the cross in the top-right corner to activate "turbo mode".

Ha! That's one more of them out of the way... domination will be mine! Muahahahahaha!

*cough*

Vulture

« Reply #644 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »

How do you know?

I'm the Chief Constable.

Hang on - shouldn't you be in prison for some skullduggery?