Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 9177 times)

Rob Baker

Merry Christmas
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »
Just a quick note to say Happy Christmas to all the Peepsters on here, and hope everyone has a healthly and prosperous 2008. Thanks and best wishes, as ever, to Andrew and Roger for keeping everyone laughing.
I'm off to Portugal in a few hours to spend Xmas and the new year in the Algarve where I hope it'll be a touch warmer than it is here at the moment.
Best wishes to everyone and see you next year.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »
And the same to you, Rob. As you know, I love the Algarve so I reckon it's impossible to have anything but a good time. Enjoy.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:13:30 PM »
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, Rob! I hope you manage to pick up a nice tan...and some hair...a few teeth perhaps...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »
Have a great time, Rob. Thanks for your good wishes. Avoid the time-share touts, tuck into delicious lobster washed down with Mateus Rose whilst gazing out over the golden sands of Alburfiera, and think of those of us shivering in Scotland.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »
Arrrgh, those bloody time share touts. I hate them. When we holidayed in Malta many years back, they were like flies, all young Brits prepared to annoy other Brits during the day so they could party with the other time share touts at night. For them it was like Club 18-30 with commission.

I really annoyed one of the time share companies by befriending a young Scottish tout - he was absolutely hopeless at the job, and broke. He was too honest and no-one could understand his accent! You could tell he was starving. I accepted his offer to attend a timeshare seminar (which meant he would be paid commission), making sure that the timeshare execs who signed me in knew which tout had brought me there. When they heard his name, they looked at each other as if to say "you are kidding...!"

I then took great delight in defying the bastards and refused all their inducements to go any further. They virtually stalked me all the way out of the building, asking more and more questions, promising the earth if I would just sign on the dotted line, in fact they were quite menacing.

I talked to some of the local Maltese business people and their attitude was that timeshare touts were just trying to earn a living. I made a point of telling them that as a holidaymaker I wouldn't return to a place which has timeshare touts.
Problem with Malta is the island is divided down the middle between those who support Italy and others who support the UK. Many Maltese are quite glad to see British holidaymakers annoyed by other Brits, especially if the by-product was more Brits with disposable income buying holiday apartments!

Think of of it - timeshare means that a property is occupied all year round by people who spend their money in your shop, yet none of them have the right to live there permanently.
To an anti Brit who only wants your money, not your company , what's not to like?

Oh, and Merry Christmas in this time of loving and giving.

peter

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 10:28:54 AM »
A merry Yule tide felicitation to you all. May all your presents be just what you want, the alcohol just as you like it,and the company
convivial and merry.
Peter

Fyodor

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »
Merry whisky and a happy new beer to one and all.

Colin

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 05:05:45 PM »
Happy Christmas all.
As most of you know, my wife and I normally go to Tenerife just after the New Year celebrations.
This year we decided not to book up and instead have booked up for Benidorm in July.
I was just thinking that its a good job we didn't book for January given my present situation.

Tom

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 08:31:05 PM »
Jolly Holly!

Have a great Christmas everyone!

:)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:32:23 PM »
As my earlier Christmas greeting was directed at Rob alone, I guess it's now time to spread the joy further afield.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I appreciate the time that you all spend looking in here---it is a genuine pleasure for me. This electronic age---which, as you know, has all but passed me by---means that people like Diane in Canada and Joan and Malc in Australia have managed to join us in our U.K. virtual sitting room. There's something great about that. Anyway, I'm not going to name you all individually but you know who you are---all the regulars who have made me laugh out loud many times and, on one dreadful occasion, made me unashamedly cry.
Once again, have a very Merry Christmas.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »
All my hard work on those themes and do I get a mention in "Roger's Christmas Message"? That's the last time I stand to attention while reading it.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 08:48:15 PM »
And a special mention for Mince.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 08:53:21 PM »
Given that it's late, and an afterthought, you could at least have put it in a bigger font.

Vulture

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 09:15:16 PM »
All my hard work on those themes and do I get a mention in "Roger's Christmas Message"? That's the last time I stand to attention while reading it.

Yes - I'm sure we all believed that you actually stood up!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 09:18:14 PM »
Hey, this is The Rog that we're talking about here. He even has a wave, like the Queen.