Author Topic: Andrew what's 's name  (Read 5400 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Andrew what's 's name
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »
brakes, bell, mudguards...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
light, gears

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
Andrew Dennis won't notice.

Malc

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
Its alien technology. Light gears ahead of our own.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »
Do you begin to see why most cartoonists hate drawing bicycles? Add to that the challenge of drawing the things from different angles other than square-on, including perspective, then positioning someone on the saddle at the correct proportions and angles, and you suddenly realise that from an artist's perspective, these things are the design of Satan.

I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
Such things (cars, bikes, machinery generally) are the stuff of nightmares. Until you've drawn enough of them, then you go through a stage of acceptance of the job, confidence in it, followed by affection for it followed by an obsession with it.

I never wanted to be obsessed with drawing machinery, so I never got involved in stage 1 - acceptance.
I try and avoid drawing it at all costs.
I do have a yearly commission for a book here in Oz which requires me to draw 4X4 vehicles. I can draw them ok now, but I still detest them.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:26 AM »
I'm not that keen on motor vehicles either, Malc, but give me them rather than bicycles any day (I've reached that 'confidence' stage with them, but I can't ever see me getting to 'affection', leave alone 'obsession' - I seem stuck in the 'really can't be a*sed drawing them' stage). Odd then, that I've just taken on a storyboard for a company that's making an 'infommercial' about safe speeds when leaving motorway roadworks. I'm only doing the opening sequence, but there's a number of vehicles in it, to be drawn in a 'straight' style, and isn't in the least bit funny. Can't think why I ever agreed to it, apart from the money. Sometimes I feel so cheap!  :-[
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »
Sometimes I feel so cheap!  :-[

Cheap? Do you do dishes and windows?