Author Topic: Anyone else blown up a shark?  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Anyone else blown up a shark?
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:56:33 PM »
I once bought a shark steak and, for some reason, decided to cook it in the microwave. It blew up. The whole incident was reminiscent of the final scene in Jaws and was strangely satisfying. It doesn't have to be a shark, of course. I'd be quite happy to hear tales of other fish explosions.

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Anyone else blown up a shark?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:58:59 PM »
I once bought a shark steak and, for some reason, decided to cook it in the microwave. It blew up. The whole incident was reminiscent of the final scene in Jaws and was strangely satisfying. It doesn't have to be a shark, of course. I'd be quite happy to hear tales of other fish explosions.

Amazing story, Roger. Utterly unbelievable! I can't get my head round it. You did the cooking? Where was the lady of the house?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »
Normally---shark explosion apart---I'm quite useful in the kitchen. Now, there's a line I doubt Jamie Oliver's used.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:11:40 PM »
I have to admit that I do all the cooking here.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »
And damned versatile you are too from what I hear. There's not a tin you can't open.
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:09:10 AM »
I don't like fish. I like to hear of them exploding.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »
We just had to replace our microwave. The start button quit. You could use the function buttons so my son would ask how long to cook something. One baked potato plus two popcorns I would say.

I am glad we finally got the city and got a new one - life was getting complicated.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 01:06:32 AM »
I'm sorry, Diane - it's late here, and my brain is very tired, but I hardly understood any of that.  :-\
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 06:05:39 AM »
I'm sorry, Diane - it's late here, and my brain is very tired, but I hardly understood any of that.  :-\

Diane, don't worry, I understood every word. These blokes aren't very technical, are they?  :D :D :D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
We just had to replace our microwave. The start button quit. You could use the function buttons so my son would ask how long to cook something. One baked potato plus two popcorns I would say.

I am glad we finally got the city and got a new one - life was getting complicated.

A discussion about your microwave oven could be an interesting subject for the Household Hints Forum, Diane.

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »

A discussion about your microwave oven could be an interesting subject for the Household Hints Forum, Diane.

No it wouldn't. That forum seems to have been taken over by the lads!