Author Topic: 101 Things To Do With A Beau Peep Mug  (Read 23338 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: 101 Things To Do With A Beau Peep Mug
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »
I was so-o-o-o hoping no-one would ask that, Vult. 
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »
Someone has fiddled with my computer.  Either that or I can't spel.

It's a belt.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
Love the detachable handle for ease of dishwasher storage.

How does it go back on again?
Peeps, There must be a defect in the mugs, as I have just noticed the top part of the handle is not connected to the mug.  I have cordoned off the mug in question for health and safety precautions, and am questioning witnesses and gathering DNA evidence for this crime of premature cracking.  I have been assured the mug has only contained two servings of coffee, both 'Petit Dejeuner' with milk, 2 splenda and a dash of Fabbri Vaniglia syrup (very nice they were too).  The mug, when questioned, confirmed he had not spent the night with the dishwasher but remained at work and had not carried out any strenuous activities which may have brought on this condition.  He asserts he was designed to carry a full portion of coffee and had not been on the heavy water.

I will casevac him to Camp Hut after work and carry out exploratory surgery using medical grade (well, at least for his species) superglue in the hope he can retain his handle and continue to serve his country.

His buddy (at Camp Hut) will also be examined for any hairline fractures.  He is currently on standby to participate in Operation MUGCAKE this weekend, once the remaining ingredients participants have been bought signed on.  Wait out, wait out...

P.s.  Can you please check that the two new recruits I ordered today are fully fit and raring to go.  I remind you that one is destined to serve with #2 brat (who is a purple belk kick boxer).
Further to this, and proof to Tarks that I have a bone fide real Beau Peep mug, see the attached.  The second pic shows the cracking at the top of the handle.  The present Mrs H would say (as she's had experience in glazing pottery) that the handle has come unstuck at the top.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »
I don't think that's possible. The handles would be affixed before biscuit firing, with slip, and following the glazing, and application of the ceramic transfers, fired again.

I can only suggest that you've been over-using the mug. Have you perhaps had hot liquids in it? Maybe your wife has washed-up clumsily at some point. Dropping the mug on the floor can also be detrimental.

Age can be another factor. How long have you had the mug?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
Are you besmirching my honour.  I have a certificate from Her Majesty which says I am an officer and a gentleman (no, hang on , it doesn't mention gentleman ..whatevah)

I shall write to my MP, care of Wormwood Scrubs, about the sale of goods here.  Handles are for handling, not for falling off.

The connection between the clay of the handle and the clay of the mug is no longer a connection.  It was only the glaze that held it together.  TWO mugs, I say again TWO B****y mugs of coffee is all this yellow imitation of a mug has had to cope with.  Then it just had a look at some lukewarm water inside  (and not on the handle) and it starts to complain of a splitting headache.   What's a handle for if not for holding.  It's not as if I tried to climb the Eiger whilst dangling the cup from my belt.. Now then, I would accept any excuses for the handle not being up to it.  But, oh no, it has to be in a warm room, lovingly protected from the world and all its troubles, and then has the affrontery to complain.

Well, I've had enough.  I'm taking it home right now and giving it a right good thrashing.  That will fix it.  Then I shall go and stick my fingers together whilst attempting to inject some superglue into the split.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:25 PM »
That's fair enough. I'll send another one...

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
Don't forget to return the faulty mug so that Peepsie can palm it off on some other sucker who won't have the balls to complain dispose of it properly.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »
That's fair enough. I'll send another one...
Don't bother to send another, Peeps.  I will repaIr him better than new, I have the technology, and can do it for less than $6,000,000.  Resistance is futile.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
Too late...

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Bu***r!

Do I really have to sent it back?  It at home now convalescing prior to the operation.

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
He's never going to make money out of it if someone actually keeps it, Hutto - we've all had that mug at some point or another.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »
No need to return it, Billy. We have a certain thing called "trust" on this forum.

Vulture

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
No need to return it, Billy. We have a certain thing called "trust" on this forum.

Oooooohhhh! Can I have two of them - what colours do they come in?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:49:00 PM by Vulture »

Jack

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
While we're on the subject

Speaking of which, can I borrow a million quid?

I'll pay you back in a week, honest.

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:25 PM »

Oooooohhhh! Can I have two of them - what colours to they come in?

;D ;D
I apologise, in advance.