Author Topic: 101 Things To Do With A Beau Peep Mug  (Read 22992 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: 101 Things To Do With A Beau Peep Mug
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
I am pleased to announce that the reinforcement arrived safely and without harm.  Following a thorough physical, he has been pronounced fit and well for duties.  #1 recruit has also had a physical checkup and is not suffering from split handle syndrome.  He is standing by for Operation MUGCAKE tomorrow, as supplies were air-dropped today.

#2 recruit, having been reprieved from being sent back to the clutches of the Peepmaster (where undoubtedly he would have been heavily sedated and disguised and passed of to the Mince as a fit specimen, is awaiting surgery.  The outcome will be posted on this board.  cards and flowers are not required from well-wishers, but cash is very much welcome, especially by the Peepmaster (who continually pesters Joan for a tenner).

By the way, Peeps, recruits #3 and #4 have yet to turn up.  If they do not arrive by Wednesday, they will be considered absent and the MPs (real ones, not those oicks in Westminster) will be called out to recover them.

Stand by, Stand by.

Tom

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
>CRACKLE< Are you receiving me, over? >CRACKLE<

I've always wanted to do that!  ;D

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »
Hullo, callsign Tom.
Sayagain all after CRACKL. Over.
Was it preceded by SNAP and followed by POP?  Is this a cereal message? 

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
Well, I did it, with the aid of #2 mug.  Yes, you can make the Most Dangerous Cake In The World using a Beau Peep mug.

The microwave survived, the mug survived - not sure if the wife, daughter or I will survive as we all had some of the cake.

I followed the instructions exactly, mixing the ingredients as required.  I thought I would overflow the mug but it didn't happen.  A knife was used to mix the stuff (technical term for cooking ingredients).  The stuff rose up out of the cup (I have video to prove this but am not sure how to get it on YouTube (my first attempt) ).  It did not fall off.

The cake came out of the mug without difficulty, but did leave a nice gooey mix in the bottom ( a bit like a soft brownie).
The cake tasted fine, not heavy but went even better with some cream.  Daughter is not a lover of cakes but did like this - so much so she almost finished it herself.

I heartedly recommend this recipe to anyone who likes chocolate cake.  Enjoy.

TMDCITW_1 : dry ingredients mixed with egg.
TMDCITW_2 : milk and oil added.
TMDCITW_3 : chocolate chips added - note that the one trying to escape didn't!
TMDCITW_4 : a splash of vanilla
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:23:48 PM by Bilthehut »

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
TMDCITW_5 : mug and cake about to be irradiated.
TMDCITW_6 : The finished cake.
TMDCITW_7 : The cake turned out on a plate
TMDCITW_8 : The gooey mess in the bottom - tasted great.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »
TMDCITW_9 : Sir/Madam would prefer a little cream with their cake?
TMDCITW_10 : Daughter enjoying the cake (just to prove it is edible (you don't think I would do eat it)

Jack

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2010, 09:47:27 PM »
Oh my...

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2010, 10:31:41 PM »
No, it's not.  It's mine, I made it and we et it.  So there.  Make your own. :P

Vulture

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:06 AM »
Well, I did it, with the aid of #2 mug.  Yes, you can make the Most Dangerous Cake In The World using a Beau Peep mug.

The microwave survived, the mug survived - not sure if the wife, daughter or I will survive as we all had some of the cake.

I followed the instructions exactly, mixing the ingredients as required.  I thought I would overflow the mug but it didn't happen.  A knife was used to mix the stuff (technical term for cooking ingredients).  The stuff rose up out of the cup (I have video to prove this but am not sure how to get it on YouTube (my first attempt) ).  It did not fall off.

The cake came out of the mug without difficulty, but did leave a nice gooey mix in the bottom ( a bit like a soft brownie).
The cake tasted fine, not heavy but went even better with some cream.  Daughter is not a lover of cakes but did like this - so much so she almost finished it herself.

I heartedly recommend this recipe to anyone who likes chocolate cake.  Enjoy.

TMDCITW_1 : dry ingredients mixed with egg.
TMDCITW_2 : milk and oil added.
TMDCITW_3 : chocolate chips added - note that the one trying to escape didn't!
TMDCITW_4 : a splash of vanilla

erm... what ARE the 'dry ingredients' and weights of same??

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2010, 07:38:41 AM »
Vulture, please pay attention. I am trying my best, but if you don't read the earlir post on this thread, you will get confused. That's why I am reading up on all past threads in order to try an understand the madness that is the Beau Peep forum.

Earlier post (middle of page 5) has the recipe.

I take no responsibility for addiction or overconsumption of this cake. Be it on your own head, but enjoy. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:40:59 AM by Bilthehut »

Vulture

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »
Vulture, please pay attention. I am trying my best, but if you don't read the earlir post on this thread, you will get confused. That's why I am reading up on all past threads in order to try an understand the madness that is the Beau Peep forum.

Earlier post (middle of page 5) has the recipe.

I take no responsibility for addiction or overconsumption of this cake. Be it on your own head, but enjoy. 

That was ages ago - a proper recipe has the ingredients right before the instructions!  What kind of a cook ARE you? Jamie Oliver wouldn't do that!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
The recipe, with ingredients at the front and instructions, was provided on page 5.  My recent posts with pictures just records my attempt to prove the 102nd use of a BP mug.
It is NOT the recipe.

I am not a chef, merely an amateur - but the cake was still edible.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »
That was ages ago - a proper recipe has the ingredients right before the instructions!  What kind of a cook ARE you? Jamie Oliver wouldn't do that!

Anyway, who said it was a proper recipe.

Vulture

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2010, 10:07:31 PM »
I thought everything on this board was proper, innit!

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
I wonder if Mince tried the cake recipe - maybe that's why he's not posted recently?

Has anyone summoned up the fortitude to try the recipe?