Author Topic: Doing Nothing.  (Read 6401 times)

Tom

Doing Nothing.
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
Today, I am going to do nothing.
This is one of my favourite pastimes.

How are you spending your Saturday?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Doing Nothing.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »
Some of us have to work.  :)

Colin

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »
I was in the pub last night.
My head really hurts this morning and to top it all off, I've got an overtime shift tonight.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
Well first up is to try and narrow the huge gap in the Beau Peep Challange points as TTIII barrels miles ahead to the lead.

Then I have to do the farm taxes which should take me most of the day - then later I have to help my daughter clean her room - things to the garbage, small clothes and youner toys and books to box up for the SallyAnn - it will be a big job - she does a lot of "crafts" - the floor will be covered in the beads that got away. But the reward for the job is a new Hannah Montana poster to replace the Barbie ballerina one, my little girl is growing up :-(

We have the in-laws coming up for Easter so need to find some sleeping spots, and I guess I should take the last of my Christmas and Valentine decorations down too.

I bet you all wish you lived closer so you could help.  ;D

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »
Well first up is to try and narrow the huge gap in the Beau Peep Challange points as TTIII barrels miles ahead to the lead.

Then I have to do the farm taxes which should take me most of the day - then later I have to help my daughter clean her room - things to the garbage, small clothes and youner toys and books to box up for the SallyAnn - it will be a big job - she does a lot of "crafts" - the floor will be covered in the beads that got away. But the reward for the job is a new Hannah Montana poster to replace the Barbie ballerina one, my little girl is growing up :-(

We have the in-laws coming up for Easter so need to find some sleeping spots, and I guess I should take the last of my Christmas and Valentine decorations down too.

I bet you all wish you lived closer so you could help.  ;D

Diane, believe me, I really do wish I lived closer. I can't wait for all this sponsorship malarkey to be over and done with.

Colin

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:29:12 PM »
Thats me at work now and still doing nothing.  ;D

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »
Well, I was working today and it turns out I'll be working tomorrow---I've just checked the lottery numbers.

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
Well, I was working today and it turns out I'll be working tomorrow---I've just checked the lottery numbers.

Thanks for reminding me, Roger. I'll check mine now and see if I can afford a Beau Peep Mug and help the cause!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:16:12 PM by Vulture »

Vulture

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
Nothing Doing!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
Unlucky, Vulch! Have you ever won anything? I had five numbers once.

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:53 PM »
I was away on holiday a couple of Christmases ago and when I came back I'd won two weeks running, ?10 and ?84. I've had 3 four numbers and about 10 three numbers but never a big one.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
Well, I'm back in the office reading here whilst photo-copying the tax forms. I have to pay a bit and hubby gets a little refund - so all day I worked - to get back $6.52

I guess it is better than finding out you have to pay so I shouldn't complain. However I will - I am so sick of my Epson printer that I bought a HP printer only to find my computer is not good enough to go with it so I am stuck with the Epson until my computer dies. I thought I would at least start buying generic ink on ebay - it works just fine but I have to read the &g%k)$! printer warn me about the wrong cartridge in it each time I want to print and then press another button. This is why I have so much time to complain whist waiting. I really should be starting supper - but between the tax grubbing government and the epson printer - my family will have to starve.  >:(

We still have about 6" of snow and relatives coming for an easter egg hunt next weekend - I guess I will have to get out there with the hair dryer too.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 10:32:40 AM »
Why is your computer not good enough?

Malc

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
Sorry to hear you've never had a big one, Vulch.  ;D

On a totally different subject, is it my monitor or do those smileys up there in the menu bar look a bit grey and sickly?

Diamond Lil

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »
Yup! Grey and sickly here too